Nicktoons (the channel) News and Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RDG

Aspiring animator/filmmaker and Ugliest Man Alive
I just checked Saturday's schedule on November 21 and Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal is there. Not sure for how much longer, though, but it is there.

Uh, no. This Sat., LEGO Batman the Movie airs at 11a, followed by Sanjay and Craig at 12:30p.

Nodog

Just to clear it up, the December old shows thing is probably going to be for that month only, unless it gets decent ratings.

kanc

Okay, I can confirm it: It appears that the weekday run of LBX and Digimon Fusion has been completely taken off. November 30th lists the same schedule during the 10AM hour, which it has been replaced by an hour of Harvey Beaks.

The bigger question I have now is whether or not Digimon Fusion is gone from the Sunday schedule as well. Somewhat suspicious of the November 29th doubling up of LBX, but we'll see.
LBX on Sun Nov 29 only has one new episode, schedule zap2it had updated it.

Gold Guy

Two is always better than one
Staff member
Wait, NickToons is airing one of the LEGO Batman films? That's weird, I assumed that Cartoon Network would want to air it. Then again, they've been avoiding airing any DC DTVs for years.

Light Lucario

Staff member

Maybe I'll check out more of Nicktoons in December since it would be cool to watch Danny Phantom, El Tigre and My Life as a Teenage Robot again. So far, the channel hasn't been that appealing to me, although seeing Avatar: The Last Airbender and TMNT 2k3 series during the weekend was neat. Seeing the former also reminded me why I prefer it so much over The Legend of Korra. Nicktoons still really needs to find some variety with its weekday schedule.

Anyone remember when they aired a Charlie Brown show in the early-mid 2000's on Nicktoons?

I think I remember some channel airing The Charlie Brown and Snoopy Show, but I'm not sure if it was on Nicktoons. I could be mixing it up with just one of the old VHS tapes of the show that I got it Blockbusters back in the day, but I'm pretty sure that I remember seeing that show on either Nickelodeon or some other channel for kids.

Light Lucario

Staff member
It actually started airing some variety by November 9th. Have you seen the new schedule yet?

It has a bit more variety than when I first got the channel last week where it seemed like there was nothing but Spongebob and TMNT reruns, but it doesn't seem like much of an improvement, at least with the weekday lineup. It comes off a bit too much like Nickelodeon lite with its lineup and I don't think takes advantage of the shows in its library to make a separate channel work. Aside from I think a few third party shows and the reruns of older series like Avatar and TMNT 2k3 series, it seems like most of the shows on Nicktoons' lineup can be seen on Nickelodeon proper.

RDG

(via zap2it)
This Mon.-Fri.:
4p-6p Fairly OddParents
6p-11p TMNT 2K3 S6
11p-2a SBSP
Wed.
10p: NFL Rush (New)
10:30p (and Thurs. 6p) TMNT: Kicking Shell and Taking Names
6:30p-11p TMNT 2012 S3 marathon
Fri.
6a-10a TMNT 2K3 S6 marathon
10a Half-Shell Heroes
11a TMNT 1990
1p LEGO Clutch Powers
3p Robots
5p Nicky, Ricky, Dicky & Dawn Go Hollywood
6p-9:30p TMNT 2012 S3 marathon
9:30p TMNT 1990
11:30p SBSP
Sat.
12m HSH
1a NFL RUSH
1:30a TMNT: KSTN
6a-10:30a TMNT 2K3 S6 marathon
10:30a Clutch Powers
12:15p Robots
2:15p Gladiators of Rome (2012)
4:15p Garfield 2
6p-11p TMNT 2012 S3 marathon
Sun.
6a-10a TMNT S6 marathon
10a LBX (New)
10:30a NFL RUSH
11a Gladiators of Rome
1p Garfield 2
2:55p LEGO Batman The Movie
4:30p Turtles Forever
6p Nicky, Ricky, Dicky & Dawn Go Hollywood
7p HALO Awards
8p LEGO Batman
9p-12:30a Sanjay and Craig

Gold Guy

Two is always better than one
Staff member
Wow, Fast Forward is airing a lot sooner than I was expecting. If they air season 7 in December, well, that's the whole show. Amazing. I wish Nick would promote it better, though.

RDG

On Nicktoons' schedule on their website, it incorrectly lists PR Samurai, right next to the Megaforce logo.

kanc

yep, looks like season 6 of TMNT 2003 will air tonight 6pm-11pm from tonight to Wednesday all 26 episodes!

kanc

Mon Nov 30 week 8PM-9:30PM Nicktoons will be airing Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Back to the Sewers (2008) season 1 episodes. I'm not even sure is this the first time airing, or has this been aired before?

And also...I notice in Toonzone schedule and nickkidsforever twitter saying Nicktoons will air two new episodes out of 4: Tues Nov 24 9:30AM Operation: Apocalypse (#309) and Wed Nov 25 9:30AM The Penguin Who Loved Me (#314), but didn't Nicktoons aired those already back in early October this year? I'm guessing this is the first encore for recent new episodes.

Last edited:

ChibiGoku

Something Not Quite Right
Just giving an update. Seems based off of observation, seems the Zap2it schedules seem to be based off of preliminary schedules, so it takes about 2-3 days for the schedule to be updated with the current Nicktoons schedule. Which might explain some schedule oddities I was observing for a bit.

On that note, Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal is still off the schedule (likely probably never to return at this point) as of December 5th. Digimon and LBX still seem to be only in one accessible slot, with LBX at least being in premieres. I don't expect that to change, either.

Pac-Attack

Just giving an update. Seems based off of observation, seems the Zap2it schedules seem to be based off of preliminary schedules, so it takes about 2-3 days for the schedule to be updated with the current Nicktoons schedule. Which might explain some schedule oddities I was observing for a bit.

This is something I literally point out all the time. :rolleyes:

On that note, Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal is still off the schedule (likely probably never to return at this point) as of December 5th. Digimon and LBX still seem to be only in one accessible slot, with LBX at least being in premieres. I don't expect that to change, either.

It's a bit soon to assume it won't be back, we won't know unless if it's show pages are taken off Nicktoons' website. It will probably return for more endless reruns by January.

ChibiGoku

Something Not Quite Right
This is something I literally point out all the time. :rolleyes:

Hahaha. It's the first time I noticed it in the thread, so I wasn't aware this was a common occurrence, so I apologize.

It's a bit soon to assume it won't be back, we won't know unless if it's show pages are taken off Nicktoons' website. It will probably return for more endless reruns by January.

Given the fact that the official Yu-Gi-Oh! website removed the mention on their website sometime recently (it was there as recently as mid-September, from what Archive.org indicates), I'm starting to think this is unlikely the case. However, not only the thing you mentioned before, but Nicktoons has brought back something out of nowhere, right before the rights were supposed to expire, so who knows.

Either way, this show has been treated like crap.

RDG

(via zap2it)
Next Saturday (12/5)
11a A Fairly Odd Christmas
12:30p SJC
8p Nickelodeon Ho Ho Holiday Special (simulcast with Nick and TeenNick)

Cookiefication

¯\(º_o)/¯
Oh wow, Catscratch and The X's? Those are nice surprises.

Of course, the *true* best news is that The Mighty B! will be having marathons. Heh.

Pac-Attack

Have any promos popped up for their 2000s Nicktoons thing? I don't feel like watching whatever they're showing to check, they tend to promote things 2 weeks before.

kanc

Today Nicktoons network this week 8PM has TMNT: Back to the Sewers (2008) episodes. But it unfortunately won't air last episode "Mayhem from Mutant Island". Next week Dec 7 8PM has TMNT (2012) starting from season 1 airing in order.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts