Does or has anyone ever collect Black and White WB cartoons?

DVDLooney

I personally liked them compared to the Redrawn and Colorized versions of cartoons.

DVDLooney

I have a public domain DVD of '30s cartoons that has an early '30s WB cartoon.

Interesting. Because I know the majority of Cartoons, specifically, the Porky Pig ones and Daffy Duck ones are redrawns. Redrawns are bad, animation-wise, compared to B&W Cartoons.

Cartman

Flute Player
I LOVE 'em! Some of my favorites include: PORKY'S DOUBLE TROUBLE, PORKY'S ROMANCE, PUSS N BOOTY, and BOSKO'S PICTURE SHOW. They can also be found on the LT Golden Collection DVD sets

Cool_Cat

I collect them, but I'm missing many of them. If somebody is interested to share their collection with me, let me know.

sun

You stay, I go
I got many B & Ws ....especially the first Daffy Duck and the First Porky Pig..now which pile of tapes..yes tapes..are they on, ..............beats me?????????????sun

Dreth

Interesting. Because I know the majority of Cartoons, specifically, the Porky Pig ones and Daffy Duck ones are redrawns. Redrawns are bad, animation-wise, compared to B&W Cartoons.
What about Computer Colorizations, compared to B&W Cartoons?

DVDLooney

What about Computer Colorizations, compared to B&W Cartoons?

They're good, too, as long as they're not redrawns. I'd personally like to see a B&W or Computer-Colorized version of "A Coy Decoy".

Dreth

Redrawn Looney Tunes sometimes have the opening plastered by the following:
1. Sunset Productions/Guild Films opening and ending
2. W7 Abstract opening/ending
3. 1956-57 opening rings taken from "Deduce you say".

Because sometimes; the redrawn openings (Ones without those following plasters) are a bit creepy.
Chicken Jitters' redrawn opening had the shield appear out of nowhere (No zooming), with the vitaphone presents appearing later.

DVDLooney

Redrawn Looney Tunes sometimes have the opening plastered by the following:
1. Sunset Productions/Guild Films opening and ending
2. W7 Abstract opening/ending
3. 1956-57 opening rings taken from "Deduce you say".

Because sometimes; the redrawn openings (Ones without those following plasters) are a bit creepy.
Chicken Jitters' redrawn opening had the shield appear out of nowhere (No zooming), with the vitaphone presents appearing later.

Examples of redrawns that have been plastered with your three of the following are Chicken Jitters and Porky's Cafe.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Starting next month, I will be going back to using Magical Doremi profile pics for a while, because I want to honor the first magical girl series I ever watched.
Streaker Prower wrote on Vuxovich's profile.
What would happen if FUNimation did continue to use Ocean Media for Dragon Ball Z And Probably the Original Dragon Ball, GT, Kai, Super and the Video Games

Here's my review of Barbie And Stacie To The Rescue in honor of Cassandra Lee Morris's birthday.
so, with primal screen going down, I wonder how that affected Cartoon Network since they using that studio to do the bumpers for years now, are they going to start working with the animation studio who did the bumpers for adult swim now
It is now officially 20 years since I joined here.

Featured Posts