Which is better, Nickelodeon or Disney Channel?

Pac-Attack

Nick is a lot better than Disney Channel nowadays for me, there are only like 2 shows I like that are currently Disney Channel (which are Gravity Falls and Yonder). However, in terms of show treatment, Disney is a lot better, Nick treats some shows like garbage.

But everybody knows Cartoon Network and The Hub are the better kids networks nowadays.

Dynamite Soldier

Simple: neither.

Lately, Disney Channel has transform into just an all girly tweeny-bop sitcom channel, who happens to have a few animated shows, whereas Nickeloden has shows that are just plain...stupid (Marvin Marvin, Nick Studio 10, Fanboy & Chum Chum, Rabbids Invasion, Planet Sheen, etc.).

Right now, the only shows I watch on Disney Channel are Gravity Falls, Wander Over Yonder, Phineas & Ferb and the Mickey Mouse shorts, while on Nick, I only watch Sanjay & Craig, Rocket Monkeys, Sam & Cat (honesty think this has the best acting in a kids' sitcom recently), Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and the pre-Movie episodes of SpongeBob SquarePants. Though both networks did green-lit some shows that have potential to be good (Star and the Forces of Evil and perhaps Girl Meets World for DC; Pig Goat Banana Cricket and Bad Seeds for Nick).

So the real winner would be Cartoon Network. Currently, it has a bunch of top quality shows (Adventure Time, Regular Show, Steven Universe, Teen Titans Go!, The Looney Tunes Show, Ben 10 Omiverse, Gumball, Dragons: Riders of Berk, Grojband and even Uncle Grandpa). More than Nick and DC.

speedy fast

I don't know if this is about those channels now or in the past, but I'll pick Nickelodeon either way. I remember when I first heard of Nickelodeon, I had really wanted cable so I could watch the channel at home (and we got cable a year later). I think I had been aware of The Disney Channel first but hadn't really been bothered by the fact that we didn't have that. And when we got cable, I wasn't bothered by the fact that we didn't have The Disney Channel, though I often did watch that channel when I was at the homes of people who did have the channel. My babysitter had that channel and I often watched Disney there more than Nick, and whenever our cable company had "Free Disney" weekends I would watch the channel, even though otherwise I'd watch Nickelodeon all the time.

And The Disney Channel did have some good programming when the channel had finally become a basic cable channel. And around the time that Disney was a regular cable channel, I was becoming a little less interested in new Nickelodeon shows (and this was also at the time my cable provider got Cartoon Network). So I watched Disney, Nick, and Cartoon Network quite a bit in the late-1990s. And then I became less interested in new shows on any of those channels.

Although I don't watch either Disney or Nick as much as I used to, I do watch Nickelodeon a lot more than Disney. And I watch Cartoon Network a lot more than Nick (usually Adult Swim, but I also enjoy Regular Show).

GPRailroad8794

90s: Nick
2000s: Nick
Now: Disney Channel

Both channels are a joke but Disney is the lesser of the two evils (sort of) with whatever animation they have now being fresh, quality cartoons.

cartoonscartoons

I cant help it, if I'm lucky
Simple: neither.

Lately, Disney Channel has transform into just an all girly tweeny-bop sitcom channel, who happens to have a few animated shows, whereas Nickeloden has shows that are just plain...stupid (Marvin Marvin, Nick Studio 10, Fanboy & Chum Chum, Rabbids Invasion, Planet Sheen, etc.).

Right now, the only shows I watch on Disney Channel are Gravity Falls, Wander Over Yonder, Phineas & Ferb and the Mickey Mouse shorts, while on Nick, I only watch Sanjay & Craig, Rocket Monkeys, Sam & Cat (honesty think this has the best acting in a kids' sitcom recently), Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and the pre-Movie episodes of SpongeBob SquarePants. Though both networks did green-lit some shows that have potential to be good (Star and the Forces of Evil and perhaps Girl Meets World for DC; Pig Goat Banana Cricket and Bad Seeds for Nick).

So the real winner would be Cartoon Network. Currently, it has a bunch of top quality shows (Adventure Time, Regular Show, Steven Universe, Teen Titans Go!, The Looney Tunes Show, Ben 10 Omiverse, Gumball, Dragons: Riders of Berk, Grojband and even Uncle Grandpa). More than Nick and DC.

Yeah.. No one is watching Sam and Cat for the acting.. If you know what I mean..

Utronix

Creator Of Early Hours
I have 2 children so I watch the childs version of both channels. I pay a monthly subscription to Sky TV and I have one thing to say about both channels... REPEATS!! They should really invest some more money into making new epsodes and new cartoos more often. My kids have to watch the same ones they've seen a million times before.Out of both I'd probably have to go Disney. I'm a big fan of the whole disney culture :)

wammyguide

I have 2 children so I watch the childs version of both channels. I pay a monthly subscription to Sky TV and I have one thing to say about both channels... REPEATS!! They should really invest some more money into making new epsodes and new cartoos more often. My kids have to watch the same ones they've seen a million times before.Out of both I'd probably have to go Disney. I'm a big fan of the whole disney culture :)
Sky TV if from the UK. Do you live in the UK?

Lanmanna

Do I really have to choose? Cartoon Network and the Hub have a lot more. Heck, I'd rather watch the old, family sitcoms on the Hub rather than a lot of Nick and Disney Channel's shows. LOL

Darkdawn

I Am Here
Nickelodeon right now is just... they deserve to have horrible ratings across the board. They're not even trying.

TMNT is the only show I enjoy watching there. It was good enough that I purchased all the Season 1 DVDs.

Korra is the biggest disappointment in all my years of watching TV animation. It's telling that the best episode of Book 2 was a distant origins story with almost none of the regular cast and no relevance to the main storyline outside of shoddily introducing Harmonic Whatever (and the best "regular" episode was the one with Korra and Jinora having an adventure in the Spirit World with no trace of the uninteresting stuff going on in Republic City or the Water Tribes). I'm honestly not sure if I'll bother with Book 3 or 4 unless I hear that they've drastically improved.

Sanjay & Craig doesn't remotely appeal to me. Nor do the live-action shows or episode 3896324896324 of SpongeBob.

I actually thought Monsters and Aliens had potential as a TV spin-off... around 2009 and most of 2010. By now, it's too little too late.

Disney wins because they have Gravity Falls and Wander Over Yonder as well as Star Wars: Rebels and Forces of Evil on the horizon. But on the other hand, they completely screwed over Motorcity and Tron Uprising (the latter of which I got into via Netflix) and the Marvel cartoons are horrible, so I'm not as enthusiastic about them as I was in mid-2012.

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA. NEO ARCADIA FOREVER.
Only CN and The Hub for, despite their faults, too!

Nothing more to say without going into detail that everyone else has pointed out better than I ever could have...

I will say I watch Disney more, mostly for their XD stuff which is easily and deservedly bashed, otherwise, unless we're talking WOY and GF - I still have no faith in them after Tron: Uprising and Motorcity got the undeserved boot - and don't get me started on their Marvel fare... Doesn't that regime's stuff stink enough in comic book form as of late?!

Nickelodeon are still plagued by the trash that is Spongebob and FOP - none of the other cartoons seem capable of replacing them (as much as I do like Korra and Sanjay & Craig), meaning they'll (both the shows I'm bashing and the channel itself!) continue to stink for likely another decade.

Mr. Daniel

Back (but just occasionally)
History; Nickelodeon. Right now; Disney Channel. Disney Channel's kidcoms aren't as far fetched, desperate, out-of-idea'd, and ridiculous as Nick's kidcoms. Same goes with their animated series. But lets be honest, Cartoon Network blows both of these channels out of the water!

90'sKid

I've always preferred Nick to Disney. And I still stand by this opinion, if Splat counts as part of Nick.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Goldstar!

What up, dog?
History; Nickelodeon. Right now; Disney Channel. Disney Channel's kidcoms aren't as far fetched, desperate, out-of-idea'd, and ridiculous as Nick's kidcoms. Same goes with their animated series. But lets be honest, Cartoon Network blows both of these channels out of the water!

To be fair, both Disney Channel's and Nickelodeon's kidcoms are designed to appeal to kids aged 6-11. They aren't supposed to be realistic. They're meant to be about wish fulfillment. They're basically live action cartoons, so I don't think that down to earth is what the Nick kidcoms are going for.

Also, (and I'm guess that I'm showing my age by saying this), but I honestly hadn't noticed a difference between Nick's kidcoms and Disney's. I can't tell them apart; they're all just just kids' shows to me.

Last edited:

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
Most of these kidcoms have the same (desperate) kind of humor.
That's So Raven, Sonny with a Chance & Victorious are the only kidcoms I actually liked, because these shows tried to be its own thing and they actually knew how to be funny.

And all 3 of them got an awful spin-off with that same kind of unorginal (desperate!!) humor as Shake It Up etc...
Two of these spin-offs were cancelled after one season. What a surprise :rolleyes:
Disney and Nick truly know how to milk out everything that was once original.

Last edited:

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA. NEO ARCADIA FOREVER.
Neither is good to me - unless Disney XD factors into this. Even then, CN beats them all, in my personal opinion.

Game Over

Lord Hater

Retired
I don't like either of them. Both are too reliant on their cheap kidcoms and don't treat cartoons very well. I prefer CN and Boomerang.

SaneMan

Animation wise, at this point, as Disney is moving all of the animation to Disney XD, and slowly turning the Disney Channel a live-action only network, it is pretty obvious I have to go with Nickelodeon

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/

Featured Posts