"DC Super Hero Girls" Animated Webisodes Talkback, Part I (Spoilers)

Discuss and Rate this Animated Series!

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • ****1/2

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • ***1/2

• **1/2

• *1/2

• 1/2

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Discuss the webisodes spinning out of the DC Super Hero Girls initiative debuting weekly on the DC Super Hero Girls website.

talkback.png
Debut: October 1, 2015

Synopsis: At Super Hero High, iconic Super Heroes like Wonder Woman, Supergirl, Batgirl, Harley Quinn, Bumblebee, Poison Ivy, and Katana navigate all the twists and turns of high school in their formative years. United by friendship, the DC Super Hero Girls empower kids to shine with confidence and courage, especially while they combat those overwhelming, exciting, and awesomely awkward moments of growing up (sometimes super powers can be super stressful!).

Aspiring Super Heroes can check out our exclusive web series for the full scoop on what life is like inside the walls of Super Hero High School. In the spring of 2016, the DC Super Hero Girls will come to life with a line of action dolls, figures and accessories, books, play sets and so much more. If that doesn’t have you bursting at the seams of your cape, remember that the world of Metropolis is at your fingertips here on the website - play, explore, read and....Get Your Cape On! It’s time to meet the DC Super Hero Girls!

Episode #1 "Welcome to Super Hero High!"
It’s the start of a brand new year at Super Hero High School!!! Follow your favorite DC Super Hero Girls as they experience the ups, downs and all-arounds on their first day of school.

Discuss this digital series!

Troy Troodon

Just found out the first episode is the same clip in the USA news site. Kind'a hoped it would be longer and at least share us info on the cast.

Magmaster12

Master of MAGnets
Staff member
Reporter
So many obscure DC heroes neat.

Except for Bunker seeing him makes me depressed.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Pretty good start. I was hoping for a longer running time and a cast list, but what we got was decent. Great to see so many characters, and not all of them girls (or human, for that matter). I think it works well enough as an introduction to the show and I am kind of interested in seeing more.

Troy Troodon

Gays need rep too!

If you must know, YES we know he's gay and that's awesome... but there's really nothing to Bunker as his own unique entity. Furthermore there is a big difference between writing a character's sexuality and exploiting it, and in the case of Bunker, his sexual preference is unfortunately exploited.

Frontier

Staff member
Gays need rep too!
Don't think he disagrees, he just probably doesn't like Bunker and would've preferred someone like Batwoman ;).

But wow, all those cameos and all those heroes :eek:!

I have to admit that took me by surprise, especially since I was expecting a limited cast consisting of just the main girls and no boys at the school at all. But all those characters at one school is pretty awesome. They even have Green Lantern and The Flash :D!

I thought the short was fun and cute, befitting what this series seems to be going for, and I'm looking forward to the other shorts. I'm really happy to see DC trying to promote their female heroes (and some villains) to little girls, and I hope it finds success :).

So we have more female Supervillains as part of the school cast with Cheetah, Catwoman, Killer Frost, and arguably Star Sapphire. At least Cheetah still seems like Cheetah, and I'd be shocked if she's not pitted against Wonder Woman in this series somehow (maybe a class election?), and I really like what we see of Catwoman's design :cool:.

Also, Star Sapphire looks really cute. And I find it very appropriate that Carol is the school diva and Hal is a jock :p.

But Gorilla Grodd is a teacher? Seriously!? And...is that Amanda Waller as the principal? What's next, Riddler as the librarian or Metallo as the gym teacher o_O?

Shame we didn't get any info about the voice cast, but from those grunts and laughs I'd say Tara Strong is reprising Harley.

Troy Troodon

So I lectured on telling and exploiting character sexuality for... nothing. And I pretty much embarrassed myself.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Going over all 48 characters that appeared, I'm pretty sure about all but one.

4 images to go with the list. In thumbnails so for full picture, click. Since lists get long, used spoiler tags.
th_webisode1opener_zpsryshv07c.jpg

*01. Lady Shiva (not positive - sort of matches newer costume)
*02. Fire
*03. Jinx
*04. Elasti-Girl
*05. Lightning
*06. Beast Boy
*07. Harley Quinn
*08. Mary marvel
*09. Dove/Dawn Granger
*10. Hawk
*11. Thunder
*12. Speedy/Mia Dearden
*13. The Ray
*14. The Guardian
*15. Scorch (pretty sure)
*16. Dr. Light
*17. Cyborg
*18. Catwoman
*19. Katana
*20. Killer Frost
*21. Adam Strange
*22. Vibe (pretty sure)
*23. Starfire
*24. Animal Man
*25. Amanda Waller
*26. Darkfire/Ryand'r (pretty sure)
*27. Flash/Barry Allen
*28. Cheetah
*29. Miss Martian
*30. Hawkgirl
*31. Bunker
*32. Blue Beetle/Jaime Reyes
*33. Black Orchid
*34. Psimon
*35. Mammoth
th_webisode1opener2_zpszoi2su4i.jpg

*36. Hal Jordan
*37. Bumblebee
*38. Star Sapphire
th_webisode1opener3_zpswjv8mjy9.jpg

*39. Poison Ivy
*40. Red Tornado
*41. Lucius Fox (pretty sure - would make for a good business teacer)
*42. Batgirl/Barbara Gordon
*43. Gorilla Grodd
th_webisode1opener4_zpswt3zuo6m.jpg

*44. Huntress/Tigress/Vixen/Velvet Tiger (this is the one I don't really know)
*45. Sandman
*46. Plastic Man
*47. Liberty Belle (pretty sure)
*48. Dr. Mid-Nite

Silverstar

Adorable Li'l Monster
I noticed a statue of Superman in the background, so I'm guessing that Supey will be an established hero in this universe (probably only referred to in reverence off-screen) and not a kid like the others, which makes sense seeing as how Supergirl is a student. I presume it's the same deal with Batman, given that we have Batgirl as a student. My guess is that DC didn't want Supes and Bats overshadowing the girls, since this franchise is all about them.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Going over all 48 characters that appeared, I'm pretty sure about all but one.

4 images to go with the list. In thumbnails so for full picture, click. Since lists get long, used spoiler tags.
th_webisode1opener_zpsryshv07c.jpg

*01. Lady Shiva (not positive - sort of matches newer costume)
*02. Fire
*03. Jinx
*04. Elasti-Girl
*05. Lightning
*06. Beast Boy
*07. Harley Quinn
*08. Mary marvel
*09. Dove/Dawn Granger
*10. Hawk
*11. Thunder
*12. Speedy/Mia Dearden
*13. The Ray
*14. The Guardian
*15. Scorch (pretty sure)
*16. Dr. Light
*17. Cyborg
*18. Catwoman
*19. Katana
*20. Killer Frost
*21. Adam Strange
*22. Vibe (pretty sure)
*23. Starfire
*24. Animal Man
*25. Amanda Waller
*26. Darkfire/Ryand'r (pretty sure)
*27. Flash/Barry Allen
*28. Cheetah
*29. Miss Martian
*30. Hawkgirl
*31. Bunker
*32. Blue Beetle/Jaime Reyes
*33. Black Orchid
*34. Psimon
*35. Mammoth

Great attention to detail, as usual.

I think #26 has to be Darkfire since he was next to Starfire when Amanda Waller mentioned their "Tamaranian friends". I'm kind of surprised they didn't add Blackfire to the cast, at least not yet.

Otaku-sempai

But Gorilla Grodd is a teacher? Seriously!? And...is that Amanda Waller as the principal? What's next, Riddler as the librarian or Metallo as the gym teacher o_O?

I was wondering if that was supposed to be Vixen as the school principal; but, she could be Amanda Waller.

Goldstar!

What up, dog?
I was wondering if that was supposed to be Vixen as the school principal; but, she could be Amanda Waller.

I'm pretty sure that was Amanda Waller given the hair style and the clothes, although I could be wrong about that. I'm guessing that she was slimmed down to more closely resemble Angela Basset.

#47 could also be Stargirl, but again, I'm not positive.

Last edited:

Silverstar

Adorable Li'l Monster
Also, it would be more expected to cast Waller as an authority figure as opposed to Mari.

-Man, Amanda Waller as principal and Gorilla Grodd as a teacher? I wouldn't want to get sent to the office in this school.

Teacher Grodd reminds me of Beast from X-Men.

Magmaster12

Master of MAGnets
Staff member
Reporter
I thought the principal was the Queen Bee of Beealya for some reason.

Dragnatek

Interesting mix of villains and heroes for the students and teachers. It does make Harley and Ivy seem less out of place as main characters since they seem to be taking good and bad guys and putting them in this school setting.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts