Total Drama Presents: The Ridonculous Race Week 1 [9/7- 9/11]

ShadowGUN

YES!YES!YES!
Seeing no one made thread for it.
TDRR_Imagelogo.png

The drama returns to CN with a new host and new competitors ( and some familiar faces as well).

So far I am enjoying the new cast. Seem very varied this season.

trance2009

Good night everybody!
"As a Canadian ice skating team, you probably hear this a lot....third place."

I lol'd.

Sent from my Motorola phone using Tapatalk

Zorkel567

I like the cast so far. It'll be interesting to see as the show continues how they balance so many characters. With 36, the most so far, it's nice to see it return to 26 episodes. I'm hoping they'll be able to handle character development, a major issue the series has had. Either not enough time for development (TD: ROTI) or bad development (TDA and TDAS). Hopefully with a bunch of brand spanking new competitors they'll actually be able to handle developing them. Looking at the cast, I do feel like there are a couple missed opportunities in terms of former castmates. Katie and Sadie could easily have been used, since they haven't played an actual role since TDI. Amy and Samey could also have been used, rather than the sisters IMO.

SPOILERS FOR THE FIRST TWO EPISODES

In terms of the first two episodes so far, I'm disappointed with who was sent home first. With the effort to bring back Leonard, I was hoping that we would see them actually utilize him and develop him beyond his one dimensional caricturization, which now isn't going to happen. Other than that, it seems like it could be hard to actually connect to many of the teams, especially once it goes down to one episode plots, since they will have to juggle back and forth and some will wind up getting the short end of the stick.

ShadowGUN

YES!YES!YES!
Not a bad premier. The new host is gonna take some time to get used to ( not as evil Chris not yet anyway). Good thing the LARPers were kick out early I doubt I would be able to tolerate them.

About the Goth team,Ennui & Crimson, I am pretty sure I know who they are. Unless that red herring or character designer got lazy.

PapaGreg

Open bar knock yourself out
Not a bad premier. The new host is gonna take some time to get used to ( not as evil Chris not yet anyway). Good thing the LARPers were kick out early I doubt I would be able to tolerate them.

About the Goth team,Ennui & Crimson, I am pretty sure I know who they are. Unless that red herring or character designer got lazy.
Then again there are a lot of characters that look like physical's rehashes of characters, hell that dark skinned genius chick looked like Courtney and the sisters are what you get if Courtney and Heather were sisters

Last edited:

HEATXZ

Duck Knght
Part 1 and Part 2
Great episodes :D
Nice to see the Return of Owen,Noah,Geoff,and Leonard again plus tons of new characters
The Owen scenes was hilarious XD

Radical

Banned
The first two episodes of premiere were awesome/funny/enjoyable, I'm happy Total Drama is back, best epic show ever on Cartoon Network,

Don, awesome/likable new host, his dark sadistic nature will come further episodes, hehehe, I'll miss Chris/Blaineley, the awesome enjoyable sadistic hosts.

Nice to see the returning players Owen, Geoff, Noah, and Leonard, a shame both Gwen, Bridgette, Cody, Harold, Duncan, Sam, Brick, Dawn, Scott, Max, Topher, or Amy/Samey didn't return, rats, oh well.

All the brand new players are all awesome/likable/funny, and nice they have a father/son and mother/daughter team to make it more interesting, both Devin/Carrie and Ryan/Stephanie make great cute couples, hehehe.

Both Carrie, Kitty/Emma(kind sister/jerkette sister duo like Amy/Samey, hehehe), Tammy, MacArthur/Sanders(the police cadet women team), Jen(fashion blogger), Josee(figure skater), Kelly/Taylor(cool mother/bratty daughter team), Miles/Laurie(cute hippie girls), Ellody/Mary(cute geek girls), and Ennui/Crimson(the Goth Team) are easily my favorite awesome new characters.

Owen/Noah's chemistry and Owen's scenes were so hilarious, hahahahahaha.

The two tough challenges were sweet.

Poor Leonard/Tammy are eliminated first, I'll miss Tammy though.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
I thought this was a pretty good start. I like most of the new characters and the ones returning from previous shows. I haven't actually watched any of the Total Drama shows after World Tour so Leonard for example was new to me as well. I don't really have any favorite characters yet. The new host seems fine so far. The challenges were fun and while there were some pretty disgusting scenes (mostly with the camels) this was an entertaining premiere and I'll most likely keep watching.

Harlequinn

Joker's Henchman
The first week is available on demand. I like the format of the show, I just wish we saw more cross team interaction and the elimination wasn't a moment montage. Also, does anyone know how to pronounce Ennui?

Dragnatek

The cast is normal for the most part which is an improvement over the last season's largely gag cast. Yeah some of the teams have themes but they are less defined by them. Also it's nice having some older contestants in the show.

Don seems to be as egotistical as Chris but not nearly as sidistic, but that might be because he does not know what he can get away with.

Zorkel567

The first week is available on demand. I like the format of the show, I just wish we saw more cross team interaction and the elimination wasn't a moment montage. Also, does anyone know how to pronounce Ennui?

I agree about cross-team interaction. That was one of the best parts of Total Drama, the different characters interacting and forming friendships, relationships, and rivalries with the fellow contestants. So far though, we seem stuck with inter team interaction and that's all. I think Ennui is pronounced something like on-we, but I could be wrong.

NovelleX

Destroyer of Threads
Damn, I was beginning to like those tennis grandpas too. Kind of like Waldorf & Statler.

PhenomsServant4

God I could imagine the backlash had Noah and Owen been eliminated there, even moreso with it being Owen's fault.

HEATXZ

Duck Knght
Episode 3
Great episode :D
My favorite parts are The scene when Team Fashion Bloggers threw the carpet at Team Father/Son and the Owen scenes XD

Radical

Banned
Awesome/funny episode,

The highlights:

Dwayne/Junior backing off from Jen/Tom, hahahahahahaha.

The next challenge was pretty great.

The Goth Team Ennui/Crimson, so awesome/creepy, I'm happy Ennui had lines.

I do love Gerry/Pete, they're hilarious along with their jerkinesses, hahahaha, they're like Statler & Waldorf(I so loved them which they're hilarious bullies)

Both Kitty, Noah, and Taylor's pictures were hilarious, hahahahahaha, Owen can eat an Eiffel Tower, hehehe.

Poor Jen/Tom to let shopping get in the way of the challenge, hehehe.

The funny Owen scenes, hahahahahaha.

A new sweet funny rivalry comes, I'll enjoy MacArthur vs. Josee next to the funny Duncan vs. Harold, Brick vs. Jo, and Scott vs. Fang rivalries.

Poor Gerry/Pete eliminated, they would've lasted longer, they got potential, dumb writers.

Magmaster12

Master of MAGnets
Staff member
Reporter
I'm calling the father son team Chevy Chase and Justin Bieber.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Episode 3 was fun. I thought the challenge to draw caricatures of the contestants was pretty hilarious. The cheese race was great, too. I liked the rivalry between the police cadets and the Canadian skaters, I'm guessing this will continue in future episodes as well. I also liked the Tennis Rivals, they were pretty amusing, too bad they were eliminated this early.

Zorkel567

Has anybody else noticed this appears to still have not gone up on iTunes, Amazon, or Google Play?

HEATXZ

Duck Knght
Episode 4
Great episode :D
my favorite parts are Brody getting electrocuted and the Dwayne Sr scenes XD

Scrappy-Fan92

I'm calling the father son team Chevy Chase and Justin Bieber.
Okay, so I wasn't the only one who thought Dwayne Sr. looked like Chevy Chase. This mostly new and very large cast will take some getting used to, some seem hyper-jerky, while others seem hyper-nice. Don seems like Chris with all of his sadistic tendencies removed (or at least put under the surface).

Last edited:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts