"Marvel's Avengers Assemble" News & Discussion Thread, Part 5 (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Welcome to the fifth installment of the Avengers Assemble News and Discussion thread, here on the Marvel Animation Forum! keep up to date with any news about the show, and discuss them in a civilized manner.

t-promoart3.jpg

The record-breaking blockbuster film "Marvel's The Avengers" gave worldwide prominence to the most popular super hero team - Iron Man, Hulk, Captain America, Thor, Hawkeye and Black Widow. "Marvel's Avengers Assemble" reunites the team, along with newcomer Falcon, marking the first time in animation history this distinct team of heroes will join forces. But that's not all - Ant-Man has recently joined their ranks as well. Led by Iron Man, the heroes train and live together in their new headquarters in Avengers Tower. The most dangerous villains in the universe don't stand a chance when the Avengers assemble - whether they are terminating the threat of a triumphant Thanos, obliterating an unthinkable Ultron outbreak, or stopping the sinister Squadron Supreme, the Avengers must work together to succeed.

Stay tuned for further updates on Marvel's Avengers Assemble here at Toonzone!

Comments?

Previous Discussion Threads:
-Marvel's Avengers Assemble News & Discussion Thread, Part 1 (Spoilers)
-Marvel's Avengers Assemble News & Discussion Thread, Part 2 (Spoilers)
-Marvel's Avengers Assemble News & Discussion Thread, Part 3 (Spoilers)
-Marvel's Avengers Assemble News & Discussion Thread, Part 4 (Spoilers)

Note: We appreciate and encourage discussion. Keep your posts the thoughtful, relevant and insightful. Do not post any improper or inflammatory material, in addition to conducting yourself in a proper and civilized manner. And please, don't post for just the sake of posting. Have something of worth to add to the conversation. We will issue warnings and infractions if we believe it necessary. Remember, keep discussions ON-TOPIC!

bigdaddy313

it's so funny how they are promoting season 3 while season 2 hasn't even finished.

It's like they are starting from scratch.

Capt.Traphouse

Sexiest Thing Since Sex
it's so funny how they are promoting season 3 while season 2 hasn't even finished.

It's like they are starting from scratch.
Lol dude, consider that a good thing, Marvels new shows are so successful that they can advertise for new confirmed seasons months away.

Looks like Nuke is going to be the newest addition to the Squadron Supreme in the next episode.
Nuke is godlike, love this guy. I want the Hawkgirl homage to appear but that probably won't happen.

Will we see a three way fight? Avengers vs. Squadron Supreme vsm Black Order? Son, the inner child in my senior college body is about to explode.

Frontier

Staff member
You have to give the Squadron credit...they've come way closer than the Cabal ever did in terms of putting The Avengers through the ringer :eek:.

Frontier

Staff member
So:

- The Squadron are repeating what they did to their Earth, except by using the Citadel instead of Dr. Spectrum, unless The Avengers stand down :eek:.

- Hyperion seems to have a grudge against Ant-Man after their last fight :p.

- Cap and Iron Man are noticeably absent while Widow has Cap's SHIELD...

- Thor facing down the Squadron Supreme? Considering how often he ends up jobbing in fights, this could be a good chance to show just how powerful the God of Thunder really is :cool:.

Capt.Traphouse

Sexiest Thing Since Sex
So:

- The Squadron are repeating what they did to their Earth, except by using the Citadel instead of Dr. Spectrum, unless The Avengers stand down :eek:.

- Hyperion seems to have a grudge against Ant-Man after their last fight :p.

- Cap and Iron Man are noticeably absent while Widow has Cap's SHIELD...

- Thor facing down the Squadron Supreme? Considering how often he ends up jobbing in fights, this could be a good chance to show just how powerful the God of Thunder really is :cool:.
You know what Frontier? You can ban me but I'm tired of you talking trash about my man Thor.

Sure, he got bodied by Doctor Doom, frozen by Hyperion, and even got his tail kicked by MODOK. But despite that, Thor has heart, he will fight and win.

s/

Actually, real talk, when on his own, Thor gets to Batman levels of competent combined with Superman/ Sun Goku strength. They seem to weaken him in group fights because he can't overshadow the other Avengers too much.

When does Nuke appear? I want to see him blow things up. I know I said this already, but I want to see the Avengers comeback and either see Squadron Supreme fighting the Black Order and Thanos or they see the Black Order and Thanos have already beaten the crap out of them. That would be so godlike. Season 2 is so awesome, thank you Marvel.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
I think the next episode looks pretty good, so far.

I'm not really familiar with Nuke, but after reading up on him he seems to be Captain Atom's analogue on the Squadron Supreme. Should make for some interesting fight scenes. I wonder who'll voice him, if they'll continue their idea of stunt casting they have for most of the other members of the Squadron.

Capt.Traphouse

Sexiest Thing Since Sex

I'm not really familiar with Nuke, but after reading up on him he seems to be Captain Atom's analogue on the Squadron Supreme. Should make for some interesting fight scenes. I wonder who'll voice him, if they'll continue their idea of stunt casting they have for most of the other members of the Squadron.
I wonder where he came from?

Yo, if SS had a Martian Manhunter counterpart, game over Avengers lol.

TheVileOne

Peace Loving Shinobi
Reporter
Easily the best moment in that clip for me was Hyperion pointing at Ant-Man, basically saying, "Hey, I'm gonna getcha."

Frontier

Staff member

I read somewhere that he was actually their stand-in for Firestorm, but either way it will be interesting to see who they get to voice him (if he ends up speaking at all). It would be nice to see a former Captain Atom VA end up voicing him :cool:.

Setting aside Brian Bloom of course, since he's already Hyperion :p.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter

I think a better question would be, where did they keep him until now.

I read somewhere that he was actually their stand-in for Firestorm, but either way it will be interesting to see who they get to voice him (if he ends up speaking at all). It would be nice to see a former Captain Atom VA end up voicing him :cool:.

Setting aside Brian Bloom of course, since he's already Hyperion :p.

I didn't even think of Firestorm. I guess that makes sense.

If they wanted to save some money, they could get Brian Bloom to perform double duty as both Hyperion and Nuke in this episode. Or, to save even more money, they could just have Nuke be silent the whole time. Either way, I'm curious to see how they handle him and the rest of the Squadron's fight with the Avengers this time.

Frontier

Staff member
I wonder if Nuke was in that Squadron Supreme presentation way back in Hyperion's debut episode? I forget how many of the Squadron was actually in that...

ChessKing

Yo, if SS had a Martian Manhunter counterpart, game over Avengers lol.

The SS do have a Martian Manhunter counterpart on the team in the comics his name is: Sky Max, The Skrullian Skymaster.

Here is a list of the Squadron Supreme members and there JLA counterpart:
Hyperion: Superman
Nighthawk: Batman
Power Princess: Wonder Woman
Whizzer: Flash
Doctor Spectrum: Green Lantern
Amphibian: Aquaman
Skymax, the Skrullian Skymaster: Martian Manhunter
Golden Archer (originally named Hawkeye, later named Black Archer): Green Arrow
Lady Lark (later named Skylark): Black Canary
(Skylark also analogous to Hawkwoman/Hawkgirl)
Tom Thumb: Atom
Blue Eagle (originally named American Eagle; also called Cap'n Hawk): Hawkman
Arcanna / Moonglow: Zatanna
Nuke: Firestorm

Mod Note: Double post merged. Please use edit button instead, next time.

Magmaster12

Master of MAGnets
Staff member
Reporter
Well Skrulls are owned by Fox so he'll probably never show, someone who should show up is Amphibian.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
The Skrulls did appear on Hulk & the Agents of SMASH, in an episode with the Guardians of the Galaxy if I remember correctly. So who knows, they might be able to show up on Avengers Assemble as well.

Amphibian would be pretty nice I guess, but I'd much rather see Namor the Sub-Mariner animated again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts