"Ultimate Spider-Man (Animated Series)" News & Discussion Thread, Part 9 (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frontier

Staff member
Carnage appeared for five seconds, got bodied with the power of friendship and then was defeated. Yay Ultimate Spiderman season 2 lol.

I hope they use Cletus Kasady, I loved him in 90's Spiderman, he was so awesome at being the psychotic, serial killer we know and expect from Carnage.
Yeah, and before that he pretty much had the entire Team beat :cool:.

Though yeah, if we're getting Carnage again, and it's not actually Peter this time, then I'd be all for bringing in Kassady even if I don't think the show would be willing to bring him in. The 90's cartoon was able to get Kassady's personality and psychotic nature across on a kids show, but I don't see USM taking that chance :eek:.

It would also be weird seeing Kassady in a cartoon while skipping Eddie o_O.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
No real surprise, but this Screen Crush article confirms that Doctor Octopus and Hydra are involved with the Sinister Six in the next season, and that Arnim Zola will return.

• As to Ultimate Spider-Man, Season 3 will conclude with an epic “Contest of Champions” arc, which itself was thought to be a series finale before the Sinister 6 renewal. An insired and lengthy clip saw Iron Man, Hulk and Spider-Man pitted against Molten Man, Kraven the Hunter and Wendigo, all orchestrated by The Collector and his brother the Grand Master. Kraven vs. Hulk isn’t something you’d expect to see onscreen necessarily, but could be one of the more interesting Hulk fights we’ve seen.
  • Moving into Ultimate Spider-Man Vs. Sinister 6, Doc Ock organizes the villains to finally capitalize on his hatred of Spider-Man, with some exciting guests. Not only will Mark Hamill return as Arnim Zola, but so too will Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. stars Elizabeth Henstridge and Iain de Caestecker bring Jemma Simmons and Leo Fitz to the series!
  • As to Ultimate Spider-Man vs. The Sinister 6 the nefarious team joins forces with Doctor Octopus and Hydra, with our core hero enlisting the help of S.H.I.E.L.D., Agent Venom, the Iron Spider, Miles Morales Spider-Man incarnation, and even the Scarlet Spider.

Roxas_Sora

I have a few suspictions based on the most recent information revealed about "Ultimate Spider-Man". I thought them very well:

+ Wacker said that he looked at the "Contest of Champions" as if it could be a series finale, as a giant climax. I had to say that it could be, but considering some big events from the story (Aunt May knowing Peter's identity, as well as Flash and Cho), the rules changed so much that there's no way we fans could accept that end.
+ According to a interview to Scott Porter, the actor who will voice the mysterious "Scarlet Spider" (which, by the way, you can find it in Marvel Entertainment's place in Youtube), this Scarlet Spider is like the "badass" of the group; with a Wolverine's kinda attitude. Which such description, I think it's pretty sure to confirm this will be Kaine's version of the Scarlet Spider.
+ The moment they said "Scarlet Spider", I should have known it would be one of Peter's clones. It was quite stupid to consider Mary Jane as a candidate, even with the Scarlet thing. However, I still suspect we will see Mary Jane getting her own Spider Powers, possibly as "Spider-Woman".
+ If Miles Morales is going to be a recurrent part of the team, it can't be the same one from the parallel world. I do believe this will be the native Miles Morales from this reality, potentially gaining the same spider powers of his counterpart.
+ With a Scarlet Spider (potentially being Kaine) and a native Miles Morales getting his spider powers, I think it's quite obvious in this season, someone (possibly Doc Ock and Zola) are going to experiment with Spider-DNA, Jackal's style. That highly increases my suspictions about Mary Jane potentially becoming a "Spider-Woman"; and some others things too.

+ Carnage is confirmed to return, surely taking Venom's place as symbiote foe. But I wouldn't count of Kletus Cassidy taking the role. Carnage has been really difficult to use in TV because his brutality goes to the "killing level", and that's a big censure in TV. (Just like Deadpool). Considering who was Carnage in the first appearance, and my mention of potential experiments with Spider-DNA, I'm quite sure this new Carnage could be actually be a clone of Peter Parker; potentially mixing with him traits of Spidercide and Kaine before we was "cured" with Anti-Venom.
+ I never saw the series "Marvel's Agents of SHIELD", so the animated debut of those characters means nothing to me; but I hope Coulson will return too.

I'm making a list about the potential members of the new Sinister 6, their organization and the potential enemies to debut in this season. I'm also making a list of potential new heroes to debut, the organization of all these young heroes, and the potential new versions of Spider-Man to debut in the next season. When I have it complete, I'll show it to you. I have to tell you, although I like the return of the Spider-Verse, I believe this would be a perfect chance to bring "Spider-Island" and the "Ends of the Earth" to animated debut.

RoryWilliams

+ If Miles Morales is going to be a recurrent part of the team, it can't be the same one from the parallel world. I do believe this will be the native Miles Morales from this reality, potentially gaining the same spider powers of his counterpart.

Actually, it rather easily can. He gets into some sort of situation that teleports him to our world and he can't return home, with his arc being about trying to find a way back.

It's just that simple.

Frontier

Staff member
So Doc Ock's confirmed, no surprise there, still iffy on the HYDRA involvement but looking forward to seeing who will fill out the rest of the Six :cool:.

Though I wonder who'd be leading HYDRA? Red Skull? Zola? Maybe Baron Zemo?

The "SHIELD Academy" episode has really soured me on Cho/Iron Spider, so I'd rather we take him out for a female Spider...not MJ, but maybe Spider-Girl? Especially if the team already has a dimension-traveling member in Miles ;).

Roxas_Sora

Guys, I have some news from the next season, which I can't believe they weren't posted here, about the event in the SDCC 2015.

1º) We saw the animated designs for the cameos of Agent Leo Fitz and Agent Jemma Simmons. They really try to connect the movies' world and the animation world as much as they can.

2º) It's official, I saw the image. The Scarlet Spider's version which will debut in the next season is Kaine Parker's version. They said "Hero? Villain? That's something Spidey has to figure it out". This will be Kaine's debut on TV, how do you think it will be?

*If Kaine is going to debut, that means we are really going to see clones in the next season. Do you think we will see even more clones in the future?

3º) "Doc Ock is going to get a lot of tech from Hydra, thanks to Arnim Zola". This makes me think Ock will be as responsible of the clones as Arnim Zola.

4º) I already know the alineation of the new Sinister Six, and I have to say, there's no much "new" after all. In fact there are things worrying me:
+ Doctor Octopus: We should have known that, even although is mentioned outside of the list, the Sinister Six can't exist without his founder.
+ Electro: It looks like he will finally get his black uniform from the promo art. About time, because sparkling everywhere naked should be censored.
+ Kraven the Hunter: I wonder what kind of tricks he will bring for the next season.
+ Green Goblin: Taking the old places of Scorpion and Beetle. Let's be honest, do you really didn't see that coming? I mean, it was obvious that Norman Osborn can't be cured from his green and mean. What it really worries me is if he will recover his memories from "Spider-Verse".
+ Lizard: I really espected Connors to be cured, even although the Lizard made cameos through "Web Warriors", basically through Spidey's Imagination.
+ Rhino: I want to believe he will be forced, maybe because the Sinister Six capture his family or something.

I really hope Spidey will be able to save Lizard and Rhino from falling to the dark side again; then, the places of these two in the Sinister 6 could be replaced for more "worthy" members. They said Mysterio was going to debut in the series, so he's a very good option.

bigdaddy313

Guys, I have some news from the next season, which I can't believe they weren't posted here, about the event in the SDCC 2015.

1º) We saw the animated designs for the cameos of Agent Leo Fitz and Agent Jemma Simmons. They really try to connect the movies' world and the animation world as much as they can.

2º) It's official, I saw the image. The Scarlet Spider's version which will debut in the next season is Kaine Parker's version. They said "Hero? Villain? That's something Spidey has to figure it out". This will be Kaine's debut on TV, how do you think it will be?

*If Kaine is going to debut, that means we are really going to see clones in the next season. Do you think we will see even more clones in the future?

3º) "Doc Ock is going to get a lot of tech from Hydra, thanks to Arnim Zola". This makes me think Ock will be as responsible of the clones as Arnim Zola.

4º) I already know the alineation of the new Sinister Six, and I have to say, there's no much "new" after all. In fact there are things worrying me:
+ Doctor Octopus: We should have known that, even although is mentioned outside of the list, the Sinister Six can't exist without his founder.
+ Electro: It looks like he will finally get his black uniform from the promo art. About time, because sparkling everywhere naked should be censored.
+ Kraven the Hunter: I wonder what kind of tricks he will bring for the next season.
+ Green Goblin: Taking the old places of Scorpion and Beetle. Let's be honest, do you really didn't see that coming? I mean, it was obvious that Norman Osborn can't be cured from his green and mean. What it really worries me is if he will recover his memories from "Spider-Verse".
+ Lizard: I really espected Connors to be cured, even although the Lizard made cameos through "Web Warriors", basically through Spidey's Imagination.
+ Rhino: I want to believe he will be forced, maybe because the Sinister Six capture his family or something.

I really hope Spidey will be able to save Lizard and Rhino from falling to the dark side again; then, the places of these two in the Sinister 6 could be replaced for more "worthy" members. They said Mysterio was going to debut in the series, so he's a very good option.

Is the art the same or has it changed.

TheLemsterPju

I'd like to know where you saw these images, if you don't mind.

Last edited:

bigdaddy313

Stephen Wacker says there has, indeed, been a conscious effort to move away from the 4th-wall-breaking.

I think USM has improved because of this, so good call by him.
That's good they should get rid of it entirely

Here is a clue on the new season

SDCC2015-DST-Marvel-036.jpg

Frontier

Staff member

Roxas_Sora

Is the art the same or has it changed.
I'm not sure, but I would say it look slike pretty much the same, thanksfully.

I'd like to know where you saw these images, if you don't mind.
At Marvel Animation's panel at the SDCC 2015. You can see a video of it in the Youtube's place of "Marvel Entertainment". It takes time to recognize some pictures, but I assure you, I'm right.

BREAKING NEWS: LucianoVecchio just notified me on deviantART that NEW Ultimate Spider-Man (cartoon) digital comics are available at Marvelkids.com.

http://spiderman.marvelkids.com/comics/ultimate-spider-man-infinite-digital-comic-2013-1
My computer always turns to my country's version of the website and I can't see it. What is it what you see in this website, please?

bigdaddy313

At Marvel Animation's panel at the SDCC 2015. You can see a video of it in the Youtube's place of "Marvel Entertainment". It takes time to recognize some pictures, but I assure you, I'm right.
Which particular video may I ask?

Bit Cloud

I doubt Carnage will be Kassady, it will hopefully be Ultimate Gwen Stacey, and with Molten Man appearing maybe Liz Allan will as well.

macattack

I see you!
Staff member
Reporter
I doubt Carnage will be Kassady, it will hopefully be Ultimate Gwen Stacey, and with Molten Man appearing maybe Liz Allan will as well.

If Gwen Stacy were to make an appearance I'd prefer if she was either a girl-next-door or Spider-Gwen (or a girl-next-door who eventually becomes Spider-Gwen), not Carnage.

(Also, obviously, she'd call herself Spider-Woman, but we all call her Spider-Gwen anyway, and so probably would the characters in the show much to her chagrin).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

so, with primal screen going down, I wonder how that affected Cartoon Network since they using that studio to do the bumpers for years now, are they going to start working with the animation studio who did the bumpers for adult swim now
It is now officially 20 years since I joined here.
I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.

Featured Posts