"Milo Murphy's Law" News & Discussion Thread

DHB8008

A new cartoon coming in 2017 about the descendant of the namesake of Murphy's Law created by Swampy Marsh and Dan Povemire, some more Phineas and Ferb crew will be working on it. Dan Povenmire has said that he lives a couple of neighborhoods away from Phineas and Ferb, he also said that if the show is successful he wants to do a crossover with Phineas and Ferb.

http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/phi...animated-comedy-mikey-murphys-law-1201489413/
(Dan) Povenmire and (Swampy) Marsh will serve as exec producers on the new series. Joining the duo are “Phineas and Ferb” colleagues, producer and director Robert F. Hughes, story editor Scott Peterson and writers Joshua Pruett, Dani Vetere and Martin Olson.

tumblr_inline_no01bqInr11rvgdil_540.png

SweetShop209

This looks pretty cool. I wish Dan, Swampy, and everyone involved with the show good luck.

DHB8008

Why is Disney airing this show in 2017, it doesn't take that long to make a show, they can air the show fall next year.
Yes it does, I don't think you understand how long cartoons take to make.

Someone who was at the P&F panel at San-Diego has told me that the show has been renamed Milo Murphy's Law.

Last edited:

Silverstar

Jet Flyin', Limousine Ridin'
Dan and Swampy are being awfully close-mouthed about the premise. I still have no idea what this show is about, other than the title character is the descendant of the originator of Murphy's Law.

SweetShop209

Dan and Swampy are being awfully close-mouthed about the premise. I still have no idea what this show is about, other than the title character is the descendant of the originator of Murphy's Law.
Wasn't Craig McCracken closed mouth about Wander Over Yonder until months before the premiere? Maybe Dan and Swampy are doing the same thing.

DHB8008

https://www.toonzone.net/2015/07/sdcc2015-a-farewell-to-phineas-and-ferb-panel-summary/

More info:
Currently, he and Marsh are working on a new show called Mikey Murphy’s Law which is about the adventures of Mikey, a descendant of the famous Edward Murphy associated with the adage, “Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong.” Instead of treating his descendant’s adage as a curse, Mikey thinks of it as a blessing that leads him to all sorts of wonderful adventures. A few rough stills were shown from Mikey Murphy’s Law showing Mikey in the most impossible situations that could only occur when everything goes wrong from his bus running into a bunch of underground creatures after sinking into the ground to aliens attacking his school. The series is scheduled to premiere either late 2016 or early 2017 on Disney XD.

Roxie

they/them or get/lost
Ooooh, I really can't wait for this one. Finally something I'm excited for! Especially since I was all into Murphy's Law a while ago. xD cause it's true.. but seeing a CARTOON about Murphy's law is just wonderful. :3

ILuvToons

Yellow Pearl got sass!
A little off topic, but I remember the first time I ever heard about Murphy's Law was by playing a Lizzie McGuire GBA game.

While on the subject, didn't Nick have a movie that was also about Murphy's Law? It was called Jinxed and I remember the family's name was the Murphys. Let's hope this cartoon is better than that.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts