International Toonami Channels Thread

aegisrawks

It seems more and more countries are getting Toonami as a stand alone channel. This is definitely not going to happen in the USA, but its still worth discussing.

Anyway. The latest country to get it is India. I was about to say "First Outside of Asia" then remembered India IS in Asia.

clear.gif
clear.gif
clear.gif
clear.gif

[h=2]Cynopsis Kids! 02/27/15: Eddie Redmayne's childish behavior; Food Network scores big with kids; Peak inside Ca[/h]

INTERNATIONAL

Turner Broadcasting is launching Toonami, the company’s superhero-centric channel, in India. Toonami already has a significant presence in Asia Pacific in 14 countries including Singapore, Philippines and Hong Kong. In India, the net is being distributed by Taj Television and is available on the country’s leading digital cable platforms across Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata and Bangalore.

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
Anyway. The latest country to get it is India. I was about to say "First Outside of Asia" then remembered India IS in Asia.
Some cable TV providers in India used to receive the Asian version of the channel before the new feed launched. Also there is an FTA Thai version available, it like sister channel Boomerang are available FTA via satellite in the country.

Francisque

Mostly Asia, but I very highly doubt that the channel is expanding anywhere in Europe..

As a channel Toonami already existed in the UK, and it was shut down; the EMEA market just doesn't care about this branding anymore, which is why we haven't got a comeback of it (and neither of their shows)
Asia is more into this genre, and I still don't know if the channel is the pan-Asian version or its own version

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
Mostly Asia, but I very highly doubt that the channel is expanding anywhere in Europe..

As a channel Toonami already existed in the UK, and it was shut down; the EMEA market just doesn't care about this branding anymore, which is why we haven't got a return of it (and neither of their shows)
For some mad reason, it appears that Toonami is so popular in Asia and they got localized channels.
Also, it's a new feed for India.

Francisque

For some mad reason, it appears that Toonami is so popular in Asia and they got localized channels.
Also, it's a new feed for India.
From where do we know this? Remember the Boomerang Netherlands announcement..

BlooMac

I guess Toonami is a success in Asia. Three 24/7 channels is pretty impressive. But they should probably focus on getting more anime. I know they mainly air Western shows, but with only a few American action cartoons currently being in production, they don't have much new content to air.

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
I guess Toonami is a success in Asia. Three 24/7 channels is pretty impressive. But they should probably focus on getting more anime. I know they mainly air Western shows, but with only a few American action cartoons currently being in production, they don't have much new content to air.
There are anime shows that other broadcasters are airing, for example the South East Asian version of Korean channel Aniplus is airing Attack on Titan.

RegularCapital

Staff member
From where do we know this? Remember the Boomerang Netherlands announcement..

The Boomerang Netherlands announcement was a lack of clarification of what a "fully Dutch" feed was. There's a multitude of sources on the internet confirming the launch of Toonami India, there's two links on my blog.

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
The Boomerang Netherlands announcement was a lack of clarification of what a "fully" Dutch feed was. There's a multitude of sources on the internet confirming the launch of Toonami India, there's two links on my blog.
This appears to be a fully localized feed yet I'm not sure in which languages is the channel available. Not sure if there are Hindi, Tamil and Telugu audio tracks there.

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
TV Channel Guide, TV Program Schedule India, TV Listings Online | What
Toonami Asia - Schedule

Toonami India is indeed a separate feed, but why did they do that if it's just going to broadcast in English only?
If you want to make an Indian feed, make it Indian! No signs of Hindi, Tamil or Telugu, but this is related, in a way, to the early years of CN IN, which was later followed by the "Toon Tamasha" block, first in Hindi, then when enough Hindi content filled up the schedule, Tamil.

sasq

In italy we didn't have a Toonami channel. but we had Hiro. who was an anime channel owned by.... Mediaset.

hiro_shd.jpg

They shut it down in 2011 cause unknown reasons.

Due to it being a pay tv channel. some of its shows air on boomerang Italy.

And mediaset also sold the cartoons/animes they owned to Boing S.p.A (joint venture with turner) in 2013 (http://www.mediaset.it/corporate/chisiamo/storia_it.shtml?7). Turner could launch an italian toonami channel since they own a 49% of the mediaset toons.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts