Boomerang (US) News & Discussion II: Rebrand

Yippee Coyote

Graphic Novelist
Any bizarre technical difficulties lately, besides the stretched T&J cartoon?
I'm surprised I never caught this myself, considering how much I watch TAWOG on Boomerang, but someone on YouTube uploaded a Gumball Up Next bumper that's supposed to be for new episodes, which I've never seen before. I've usually seen the one with Gumball making weird faces.
[video=youtube;4nUzLkBLbc0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nUzLkBLbc0[/video]
Talk about technical difficulties, but at least we no longer have to wait until Saturday to see the "NEW" Up Next bumpers (like for Numb Chucks). Also, isn't that clip from an episode that aired two weeks ago?

The Question - The Amazing World of Gumball Wiki

Sparkster24

It could be just an error, but relating to the whole CN original stuff. Dexter somewhat has a shot into returning on Boomerang (and the series is up with PPG being CN's classic hit), KND and Flapjack has been drastically hinted within the past month.. and yet no sign of their show airing yet, but could eventually air at some point. As for the rest? I can see EEnE being there a couple times, Courage being as a Halloween exclusive (same for Billy & Mandy), Camp Lazlo would be a good candidate for Summer exclusive, while Johnny Bravo and Cow & Chicken might presumingly be a rarity.

I think Gumball could stay, while TTG! leaves to remain itself as a CN exclusive. I agree that Gumball is a bit too much, but a bit of me think they'll keep this show for awhile until either original programming starts to launch, or moves in for brand new show for it's replacement. In a way of building progress for the rebrand.

Mesterius

The new Inspector Gadget series will be coming to Boom. We know that much at least.

From where do we know that exactly? To my knowledge, there hasn't been any official announcement that the new Inspector Gadget series will air on Boomerang US.

Jazz1000

Evil PLANS...
i would like see Boomerang promo something else besides Scooby Doo, The Garfeld Show and Tom And Jerry (i mean that can't be only popular shows that turner see more kids/adults watching)
it surpize me that chowder, PPG, or Fosters are not getting promo for the new look here in NA

Silverstar

Adorable Li'l Monster
i would like see Boomerang promo something else besides Scooby Doo, The Garfeld Show and Tom And Jerry (i mean that can't be only popular shows that turner see more kids/adults watching)
it surpize me that chowder, PPG, or Fosters are not getting promo for the new look here in NA

Scooby-Doo, Garfield and Tom & Jerry each have new contemporary shows to promote. Chowder, PPG and Foster's are done (though a new PPG series is reportedly in the works) and could likely just be placeholders until the newer shows come along. We'll likely start seeing promos and spots for the other shows soon enough, but overall properties with shows in current or pending production take precedent over canceled reruns.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yippee Coyote

Graphic Novelist
A branding magazine wrote an article about Boomerang today, and the cover image is pretty cool. You have to click to see the full image.

You can see some of the graphics for Boomerang Theater, Boomerang Christmas bumpers, and the Halloween bumpers (ghost and eyes). Because it's on a grey background, I assume this was designed to be a background for something.

Dan's Revenge

List keeper
I like that picture. I'd wondered if they'd ever do seasonal bumpers. I like the image of the pool. I don't even care if they stick with the same colors cause I like all 4 + B&W

Maybe this year or the next? We shall see.

Yippee Coyote

Graphic Novelist
I like that picture. I'd wondered if they'd ever do seasonal bumpers. I like the image of the pool. I don't even care if they stick with the same colors cause I like all 4 + B&W

Maybe this year or the next? We shall see.

It seems that the seasonal diamond graphics (which are dubbed as "diamond events" according to the style guide) will be used for promoting seasonal events (i.e. Boomerang Halloween programming, Christmas Programming). Boomerang Latin America used the candy cane and present graphics for a block last holiday season that roughly translated to "Ho Ho Ho Boomerang".

[video=youtube;ymtO31BKzVo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymtO31BKzVo[/video]
EDIT: We will likely be seeing the 3D glasses graphic in the "Next" bumper for tomorrow's Boomerang Theater/Cine Boomerang/Boomerang Cinema block. Oh, and the new bumpers, too.
boomerang_cn_rebrand_cover.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Sparkster24

I think the Pool, the Wave, and that Beach Ball graphics might be for the "Summer" variation of Boomerang. Because it's very relatable within the summertime.

Yippee Coyote

Graphic Novelist
I think the Pool, the Wave, and that Beach Ball graphics might be for the "Summer" variation of Boomerang. Because it's very relatable within the summertime.
Actually, it is. The beach ball and pool "diamond events" appear in the style guide with the example set to a "Summer of Fun" event with Toy Story 3. It sounds like something our feed might do, and even showing Toy Story 3 seems plausible with the recent deal between TCM and Disney (TCM won the broadcasting rights to their movies by sponsoring and refurbishing a classic movie-themed ride at Walt Disney World).

04_Boomerang_Styleguide.jpg

Sparkster24

Actually, it is. The beach ball and pool "diamond events" appear in the style guide with the example set to a "Summer of Fun" event with Toy Story 3. It sounds like something our feed might do, and even showing Toy Story 3 seems plausible with the recent deal between TCM and Disney (TCM won the broadcasting rights to their movies by sponsoring and refurbishing a classic movie-themed ride at Walt Disney World).

04_Boomerang_Styleguide.jpg
It might just be an example, but THAT would be great if it was case.. hopefully there could probably be better movie choices than how CN is managing them lately (at least in terms of mixture upon choices lately).

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
It might just be an example, but THAT would be great if it was case.. hopefully there could probably be better movie choices than how CN is managing them lately (at least in terms of mixture upon choices lately).
That is also a sign of the movies that Boomerang will air in the future, we must have to wait for confirnations.

Goldstar!

What up, dog?
Me said:
The new Inspector Gadget series will be coming to Boom. We know that much at least.

From where do we know that exactly? To my knowledge, there hasn't been any official announcement that the new Inspector Gadget series will air on Boomerang US.

It's being advertised as coming to Boomerang worldwide. Last time I checked, America was part of the world. There's no reason to believe that Boom U.S. will be the exception, even if the series airs on Boom and Cartoon Network simultaneously.

Sparkster24

So far, there's really been little of any info upon February 2nd for it's schedule, maybe until the next film is shown on Saturday in a way. If not, then next week seems to be the closest that we'll know.

Yippee Coyote

Graphic Novelist
So far, there's really been little of any info upon February 2nd for it's schedule, maybe until the next film is shown on Saturday in a way. If not, then next week seems to be the closest that we'll know.
We'll find out by Monday (via backdoor schedule), at the latest. I wonder why it's taking so long to release?

Sparkster24

We'll find out by Monday (via backdoor schedule), at the latest. I wonder why it's taking so long to release?

I kinda hope it's worth the anticipation upon it's new schedule (even if it's decent enough), but knowing the occurence with the scheduling lately.. I'll probably keep my expectations lowered til it's officially finalized,

UPD: Saturday's schedule doesn't really show much.. pretty much expected when it hasn't really been shown off. But at least it's enough to know the entirety of the the possible new line-up soon once it's confirmed.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts