Does anybody else think Space Ghost Coast to Coast would fit in with the oddness that is today's Adu

Toon Master

The show is as weird if not weirder than half of the stuff they are showing nowadays (You're Whole, The Greatest Event In TV History). So does anybody else think that SGC2C would fit in with today's programming?

Last edited by a moderator:

Silverstar

Jet Flyin', Limousine Ridin'
Space Ghost: Coast to Coast was part of Adult Swim when the block was first launched, in fact, the show's creation preceded the block. AS could conceivably rerun it, though it might look kind of dated there now.

Toon Master

Space Ghost: Coast to Coast was part of Adult Swim when the block was first launched, in fact, the show's creation preceded the block. AS could conceivably rerun it, though it might look kind of dated there now.

I knew the show was on the block when it launched in Sept. 2001, but I just figured that even though it is dated it might fit in with the direction of Adult Swim's comedy programming.

Beefy

It only hurts forever
The Eric Andre Show is supposed to be the Space Ghost Coast to Coast for today's Adult Swim.
Is it working? Not for me. I liked SGC2C much more than Eric Andre.

Classic Speedy

Mildly perturbed
Staff member
Reporter
Somewhere I read George Lowe does not want to do SG's voice anymore, so we'd have to go on a new actor. Would we be used to that?
Source? Anyway, I'm not sure why he'd say that; Space Ghost is pretty close to his normal speaking voice as it is.

Jazz1000

Evil PLANS...
i would rather see space ghost then The Eric Andre Show
my question is how willl AS Do It And Care For The Show I Remeber hearing about SGC2C airing on Gametap, after adult swim stop airing new episodes

Silverstar

Jet Flyin', Limousine Ridin'
my question is how willl AS Do It And Care For The Show

There's no "will' here; there isn't going to be a SG:C2C revival (and the Greek chorus moans "More's the pity"); this is all just "What if?" territory.

Regarding a new voice actor for Space Ghost (assuming the stories of George Lowe not wanting to do it anymore are indeed true), I personally would be OK with that. It's amazing how many people contend that Lowe is the only person who can voice SG, when he wasn't the original SG, Gary Owens holds that title. As long as a new actor can convincingly replicate the proper voice quality, I'd be fine with another voice actor.

Blipsy

Tara's been a bad girl
I'm a huge fan of SG:C2C. I'd love if AS could bring back the show, either in new episodes (assuming they could keep the quality up) or just airing reruns. Unfortunately, it seems like AS is done with the show pretty much completely. When was the last time they aired the show? I don't remember it airing in years, and every time it did, it was always replaced within a few weeks. I guess SG:C2C just isn't bringing in the ratings anymore. And when AS can show the same 2 episodes of "You're Whole" all week long, but can't find time to air any of Space Ghost's almost 100 episodes, that's kind of sad.

Daikun

Long Live the Fighter!
Staff member
Would I like to see SG:C2C back in reruns? Yes.
Would I like a revival? No, thank you.

Frankly, I thought the post-Adult Swim seasons were awful. When AS first premiered, the scriptwriters abused their newfound freedoms to insert as many curse words as possible, and it was forced and annoying. The series is better off in reruns, and most importantly, aired more often. It's kind of depressing that the show has aired more times on CN than the block/network that owes its entire 12-year existence to it.

Goldstar!

Just a tad spicy
I'd like for Space Ghost: Coast to Coast episodes to be rerun on Boomerang (at night, of course), but it seems as though Turner considers SG:C2C to be Adult Swim material. Too bad, as Coast to Coast (as well as the original Cartoon Planet) would make good additions to Boom's lineup and would me a reason to watch Boom again.

Classic Speedy

Mildly perturbed
Staff member
Reporter

Frankly, I thought the post-Adult Swim seasons were awful. When AS first premiered, the scriptwriters abused their newfound freedoms to insert as many curse words as possible, and it was forced and annoying.
"Whipping Post" was pretty good, though. "Let's get one thing straight: I'm ANGRY!"

Nobodyman

Frankly, I thought the post-Adult Swim seasons were awful. When AS first premiered, the scriptwriters abused their newfound freedoms to insert as many curse words as possible, and it was forced and annoying. The series is better off in reruns, and most importantly, aired more often. It's kind of depressing that the show has aired more times on CN than the block/network that owes its entire 12-year existence to it.
Eh, I personally liked the first post-Adult Swim season (Kentucky Nightmare, Flipmode, Sweet for Brak, etc.), but the final season was pretty bad, as it fell victim to AS's brand of insane and mostly unfunny random humor. Still, nothing will touch the greatness of episodes like Warren, Fire Ant, Girl Hair, Snatch, and King Dead.

I still need to pick up the first three DVD volumes (and darnit AS, why must you make volumes 4 and 5 so hard to get?!)

And yes, I'd love to see SGC2C reruns, but the series shouldn't be revived.

Dan's Revenge

List keeper
Source? Anyway, I'm not sure why he'd say that; Space Ghost is pretty close to his normal speaking voice as it is.

It was some other user's post on here last year. Someone asked for proof, but got nothing -- https://www.toonzone.net/forums/car...293365-about-tommarrow-night.html#post3982077

Did notice this moments ago, though... Space Ghost to Come out of Retirement For Interview with Avatar Star Zoë Saldana (link loads a print screen, but wont/shouldn't print. if you cancel out of it, you can read it, or read it as it appears in the preview)

Jazz1000

Evil PLANS...
There's no "will' here; there isn't going to be a SG:C2C revival (and the Greek chorus moans "More's the pity"); this is all just "What if?" territory.
now my second thought is i may not want to see SGC2C get a comeback i rather if they just keep it as ended now.

BlooMac

I'd like for Space Ghost: Coast to Coast episodes to be rerun on Boomerang (at night, of course), but it seems as though Turner considers SG:C2C to be Adult Swim material. Too bad, as Coast to Coast (as well as the original Cartoon Planet) would make good additions to Boom's lineup and would me a reason to watch Boom again.
Well, CN did acknowledge it a few times around their 20th anniversary. 2 scenes appeared on the sizzle reel and there were 3 posts about it on their Facebook page. I think the pre-Adult Swim SGC2C episodes are safe to air on CN and Boom. CN has a lot of TV-PG shows now and Boom has aired Young Justice (a TV-PG show).

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.
Change of plans, no concert for me tonight! Instead, if everything goes according to plan, I will instead be seeing Chris Barron (of Spin Doctors) in May.
I may actually delete my twitter account. It is just really bad these days, and I have other ways to keep in touch with the few people on there I do care about, so deleting it would be rather easy. Something I once thought I'd never think of doing.
And now: A Classic Toonzone Moment #3

On the TTTP on October 13, 2002, a couple of users question if Dumb Patrol (1964) is truly offensive, causing a long discussion about flame wars: "Dumb Patrol"
I still haven't made a real post on that Dreamwidth blog I have linked in my signature. Still deciding what I want to do with it, really. I want to practice my reviewing skills so I may use it exclusively as a review blog for whatever I feel like.

Featured Posts