Why should SpongeBob SquarePants end?

ToonJay723

Staff member
ABC news was the first one to report the story. Just researched more about the topic, and most of the articles link back to ABC, or are quoting ABC's Nightline.

I'm asking the question if Disney paid the phycologists, because obviously Disney and Viacom are competitors, and this research happened just literally days before Nick's huge decline started to occur, mind you Spongebob's ratings were declining too. I just find it...weird. Now, I know the finding can't be the sole reason of Sponge's decline, but does anyone think it played a part? There are some crazy parents out there..

Anyway, I'm going off topic. Back to the main question: Why should Spongebob end?

Just because Disney and Viacom are competitors doesn't mean that Disney would make a faux story. I think you're just upset about the article, and you wanted to find an easy target.

wammyguide

Just because Disney and Viacom are competitors doesn't mean that Disney would make a faux story. I think you're just upset about the article, and you wanted to find an easy target.
Enough about that, to back to main topic.

Last edited by a moderator:

Getouttamylab!

Was a coiled up attack snake before it was cool
I don't see any real reason Spongebob should end, myself. If Nick wants to keep it coming, that's their choice, not mine. I've always been a big Spongebob fan, myself.

J21697

Explain to me why I would be be upset over an article about how Spongebob effects preschoolers? I'm not even a fan of the series.

ILDC

I don't see any real reason Spongebob should end, myself. If Nick wants to keep it coming, that's their choice, not mine. I've always been a big Spongebob fan, myself.
But do the creators want to keep it coming, for non-money reasons? To me, if there's one thing the old episodes have that the new ones don't, it's the sense that the cast and crew were actually having fun making something they wanted to see.

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA. NEO ARCADIA FOREVER.
But do the creators want to keep it coming, for non-money reasons? To me, if there's one thing the old episodes have that the new ones don't, it's the sense that the cast and crew were actually having fun making something they wanted to see.

That alone is the best reason to end something before it's too late - once money becomes a drive, it's all over - for it being fun,entertaining, thought-provoking, intelligent, engaging, or even worth that simple passing glance. Simple as that.

...And THIS does not just apply to the topic at hand, either. It applies to EVERYTHING.

wammyguide

Dude, if the cast and crew are still on the show after all these years, I don't think they want to stop. That, or maybe they don't really care if continues or not, they'll just do it if Nickelodeon wants them to do it.

ILDC

Dude, if the cast and crew are still on the show after all these years, I don't think they want to stop. That, or maybe they don't really care if continues or not, they'll just do it if Nickelodeon wants them to do it.
Do you care whenever or not they're just doing it for the money?

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA. NEO ARCADIA FOREVER.

Tyranny... At its finest. And we don't even think it that way when it clearly is.

wammyguide

Do you care whenever or not they're just doing it for the money?
So what if still their still keeping it on for money? It still gets good ratings, and it still has a strong fanbase. That sir, is a good reason for a show to continue.

ILDC

So what if still their still keeping it on for money? It still gets good ratings, and it still has a strong fanbase. That sir, is a good reason for a show to continue.
Okay, now you're seriously sounding like a network shill.

Neo Yi

Joustus!
Staff member
Reporter
Guys, STOP.

Do not take jabs at one another, this is against the rules. Stop the finger pointing and get back on topic. Keep this up and the thread will be closed.

GPRailroad8794

Back on topic, the show is a destitute shell of its former self with not a microbe of the charm that made it so entertaining for the first 3 seasons as well as being the representative of Nick's overwhelming desperation and money hungry opportunist attitude.

wammyguide

Back on topic, the show is a destitute shell of its former self with not a microbe of the charm that made it so entertaining for the first 3 seasons as well as being the representative of Nick's overwhelming desperation and money hungry opportunist attitude.
Isn't that the same with FOX with The Simpsons and Family Guy. Besides, I'm not trying to be rude, but it still has fans so I don't see why it should end until Nickelodeon wants to end it. But that's just my opinion.

GPRailroad8794

Isn't that the same with FOX with The Simpsons and Family Guy. Besides, I'm not trying to be rude, but it still has fans so I don't see why it should end until Nickelodeon wants to end it. But that's just my opinion.

I'm not against those two shows ending either, especially the latter. You're not being rude at all, BTW. I say put the show out of its misery and release it on DVD so those who are still fans can own the series themselves and those wuo usef to like the show can own the first 3 seasons.

ILDC

I'm not against those two shows ending either, especially the latter. You're not being rude at all, BTW. I say put the show out of its misery and release it on DVD so those who are still fans can own the series themselves and those wuo usef to like the show can own the first 3 seasons.
The first three seasons are already on DVD.

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
What could lead to the end of SpongeBob:
2014: the second movie is released
2016: another hiatus
2018: the third movie is released
2020: Stephen Hillenburg says "I'm getting tired of it"

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts