Adult Swim Canada schedule (Update: No 5AM for you.)

Daikun

Long Live the Fighter!
Staff member
Teletoon has released the schedule for the launch of CN and AS in Canada on July 4.

Monday-Friday:
9:00 - King of the Hill
9:30 - The Venture Bros.
10:00 - Harvey Birdman, Attorney at Law
10:15 - Sealab 2021
10:30 - Aqua Teen Hunger Force (2x)
11:00 - Robot Chicken (2x)
11:30 - King of the Hill
12:00 - Family Guy
12:30 - American Dad
1:00 - The Venture Bros.
1:30 - Harvey Birdman, Attorney at Law
1:45 - Sealab 2021
2:00 - Aqua Teen Hunger Force (2x)
2:30 - Robot Chicken (2x)
3:00 - The Venture Bros.
3:30 - Harvey Birdman, Attorney at Law
3:45 - Sealab 2021
4:00 - Aqua Teen Hunger Force (2x)
4:30 - Robot Chicken (2x)

Saturday/Sunday:
9:00 - King of the Hill
9:30 - The Squidbillies (2x)
10:00 - Robot Chicken
10:15 - Harvey Birdman, Attorney at Law
10:30 - Robot Chicken
10:45 - Aqua Teen Hunger Force
11:00 - Tim & Eric Awesome Show, Great Job! (2x)
11:30 - King of the Hill
12:00 - The Squidbillies (2x)
12:30 - Robot Chicken
12:45 - Harvey Birdman, Attorney at Law
1:00 - Robot Chicken
1:15 - Aqua Teen Hunger Force
1:30 - Tim & Eric Awesome Show, Great Job! (2x)
2:00 - The Venture Bros.
2:30 - Metalocalypse
2:45 - Moral Orel
3:00 - The Squidbillies (2x)
3:30 - Robot Chicken
3:45 - Harvey Birdman, Attorney at Law
4:00 - Robot Chicken
4:15 - Aqua Teen Hunger Force
4:30 - Tim & Eric Awesome Show, Great Job! (2x)

Discussion for the main CN schedule is at the other board.

Pepperidge

I would complain about the lack of British shows and anime, but that's a pretty minor thing to bring up when they don't even have any original Adult Swim shows from beyond 2007. AS has produced dozens of original programs since then, and they aren't showcasing any of them. As I mentioned in the CN thread, I know that they're starting small and trying to build an audience, sort of like what they did with the similarly disappointing Teletoon Retro launch, but they really need to try a little harder. These content offerings are pathetic; we need something NEW.

Oh well, at least we have the amazing website, which honestly has more replay value than the actual block will in its current form.

KarlOlson

Art Imitates Life
Staff member
Reporter
In the words of David Lynch, this launch line up is "a sadness." Seriously, it's mostly if not all content that anyone who would want this network has, frankly, either bought or pirated, and worse still, they manage to even three-peat some the content on the weekends. This is a bad joke of a line up purely on the basis that they have more than enough original and in house content to flesh this block out a lot more. They don't have to buy one anime to run, and they could atleast ditch the three-peat weekends by adding the Boondocks, Loiter Squad, Super Jail, China Il and countless other series. Plus, that's not digging into the stuff they've done and finished like Frisky Dingo, The Brak Show and so on. It's a really boring, calculated line up. The lack of action is just the lack of icing on this stale cake.

They needed a much gutsier start than this.

astarisborn94

Lack of Deadman Wonderland, Full Metal Alchemist, and Casshern Sins is disappointing. I hope Canada gets Toonami or some action block.

Sketch

not like those other old guys
Lack of Deadman Wonderland, Full Metal Alchemist, and Casshern Sins is disappointing. I hope Canada gets Toonami or some action block.

At least they're getting Sym-Bionic Titan, Young Justice and Green Lantern in prime time on weekends.

The weekday schedule is good looking to me but the weekend schedule reaks of simply not trying.

They might have to buy The Boondocks from Sony actually. I forget how those rights pan out.

Pepperidge

They might have to buy The Boondocks from Sony actually. I forget how those rights pan out.

Yeah, Sony will definitely have to get involved with Boondocks. But you'd think that starting an Adult Swim channel would involve a deal that allows much more open access to Williams Street properties. Day-and-date premieres should be exactly what they're shooting for here, but it seems like a pipedream right now. How long are we going to have to wait for Black Dynamite?

SpaceCowboy

To air the anime programming, AS Canada would most likely have to deal directly with the local NA licensors.

Sketch

not like those other old guys
Yeah, Sony will definitely have to get involved with Boondocks. But you'd think that starting an Adult Swim channel would involve a deal that allows much more open access to Williams Street properties. Day-and-date premieres should be exactly what they're shooting for here, but it seems like a pipedream right now. How long are we going to have to wait for Black Dynamite?

Indeed the Sunday line-up should look a lot closer to the US one with brand new Aqua Teen and Metalocalypse right now along with Black Dynamite and new Squidbillies later in the month.

Though wouldn't it be better if those were actually on Teletoon at Night? That would be in more homes right?

KarlOlson

Art Imitates Life
Staff member
Reporter
Andrew T. Hingson said:
Indeed the Sunday line-up should look a lot closer to the US one with brand new Aqua Teen and Metalocalypse right now along with Black Dynamite and new Squidbillies later in the month.

Though wouldn't it be better if those were actually on Teletoon at Night? That would be in more homes right?

It would be in more homes, but at the moment, they need to justify people buying a more expensive tier in their cable package to support this new network, and this line up provides very little incentive to do so. Teletoon At Night is a pretty stable, though somewhat dull block. Yes, fresh AS content would liven Teletoon at Night up, but it's not worth throwing their new netwokr under the bus for that, and until it's in a lot of home CN/AS Canada need to make the best possible cases for themselves, maybe even at the cost of Teletoon's security.

SpaceCowboy

Would it be possible for Teletoon to just simulcast the American network feed of AS with the localized ads and certain shows substituted? I believe the Canadian feed of Turner Classic Movies is basically the American one with certain movies they don't own Canadian rights to swapped with other movies they do.

Last edited by a moderator:

bklien

I thought a CN/AS Canada would be a landing spot for new episodes of Bleach, and Generator Rex.

Also, why is Brotherhood on SuperChannel, a premium channel?

Pepperidge

Would it be possible for Teletoon to just simulcast the American network feed of AS with the localized ads and certain shows substituted? I believe the Canadian feed of Turner Classic Movies is basically the American one with certain movies they don't own Canadian rights to swapped with other movies they do.

Running a new station from the ground up is almost definitely less work. Maybe if Williams Street owned everything they aired, but the block is a rights landmine right now.

Why they're not running any of the new in-house productions airing in the States right now, on the other hand, is a complete mystery.

Also, why is Brotherhood on SuperChannel, a premium channel?

Because FUNi was desperate to sell it and no one else would take it. Frankly, I think they would've been better off not selling it at all. Superchannel is the WORST place to exhibit anything.

Daikun

Long Live the Fighter!
Staff member
I know that this network has already started, but for those of you Canadian viewers who don't have this network yet...

I contacted Teletoon about what was going on during the 5AM hour, since it wasn't listed on either the CN or AS schedule.

Well, it turns out that Adult Swim won't be taking up the 5AM hour. From a direct Email (which I received today, finally):

For the summer, Dexter’s Laboratory will be airing every day at 5 a.m. ET/PT and Saturdays and Sundays at 5:30 a.m. ET/PT, and Powerpuff Girls will be airing Monday to Friday at 5:30 a.m. ET/PT.

Mohji

If it's any consolation, G4 Canada currently airs Eagleheart, NTSF: SD: SUV, Delocated, and Superjail, as well as several other [as] shows that are already on the Adult Swim Canada schedule. They've also aired Titan Maximum and a few others in the past.​

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts