"The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes" News & Discussion Thread, Part 7 (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dsneybuf

Marvel Animation Age announced that Disney XD will air episodes 42 and 43 next month, then take at least a few weeks off. I was almost afraid that after "Behold...The Vision!", we'd have to wait until the middle of October for episodes to start again, so that the channel would try to tie "Assault on 42" with the Halloween season.

I hope this means I'll get the HD version of "The Deadliest Man Alive" before December.

thisguyisnotcool

Marvel Animation Age announced that Disney XD will air episodes 42 and 43 next month, then take at least a few weeks off. I was almost afraid that after "Behold...The Vision!", we'd have to wait until the middle of October for episodes to start again, so that the channel would try to tie "Assault on 42" with the Halloween season.

I hope this means I'll get the HD version of "The Deadliest Man Alive" before December.

I wonder why this show would even go break, all the episodes are done. Could it be to buffer time until Avengers Assemble premieres?

Dsneybuf

The earlier they stop showing new episodes, the more quickly people will stop watching Marvel Universe.
Speaking of reruns, has Disney XD tacked recaps and the short speech onto all the episodes, or just #20 onward?

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Marvel Animation Age - as always - has your first look at details for new episodes of The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes airing August 2012 on Disney XD. Click here for more!

Dsneybuf

For fans who didn't watch the leaked episodes, this will mark the 1st time Yellowjacket has appeared in an Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes story.
How come Marvel continues to promote this comic even after deciding to lessen advertising for the cartoon?

Avengers

For fans who didn't watch the leaked episodes, this will mark the 1st time Yellowjacket has appeared in an Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes story.
How come Marvel continues to promote this comic even after deciding to lessen advertising for the cartoon?

Good question, i'm thinking any money then can pick up off the series is worth the advertising, or maybe they are going to show the bridge to avengers assemble in the comics and want people to know about them. I wonder why the creators have given so many episodes to the serpent society, some other villains could have really used an one or two of their episodes.

ShadowStar

Marvel Animation Age has your first look at September 2012 schedule details for The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes, including titles for all-new episodes of the animated series. Click here for more!

Right, so we now know the production order for most of season 2, and it's a bit wonky for episodes 7-18:

1. The Private War of Doctor Doom
2. Alone Against A.I.M.
3. Acts of Vengeance
4. Welcome to the Kree Empire
5. To Steal an Ant-Man
6. Michael Korvac
7. The Ballad of Beta Ray Bill
8. Who Do You Trust?
9. Behold... The Vision!
10. Nightmare in Red
11. Infiltration
12. Prisoner of War
13. Secret Invasion
14. Assault on 42
15. Ultron Unlimited
16. Along Came a Spider...
17. Yellowjacket
18. ?? (most likely Powerless, though it could be The Deadliest Man Alive)
19. Emperor Stark
20. Code Red
21. Winter Soldier

It's interesting that "Assault on 42" is technically the last one before Loeb and Man of Action got involved, though not surprising when you bear in mind the writer credits.

Marvel Animation Age has your first look at September 2012 schedule details for The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes, including titles for all-new episodes of the animated series. Click here for more!

Well, that was a short hiatus. :D

Hopefully, like I said, we'll get the rest of season 2 before the end of 2012, and DVD Vol 6 in early 2013.

Incidentally, even though "Ultron Unlimited" was delayed a week on Disney XD, it was actually added to my On Demand menu, so I watched it tonight. (I live in New England and get digital cable from Comcast/Xfinity) So if anyone else has a similar on-demand service, check it out... you might get lucky like I did!

The Clown Prince

My God carries a big Hammer
Staff member
Well, that was a short hiatus. :D
Incidentally, even though "Ultron Unlimited" was delayed a week on Disney XD, it was actually added to my On Demand menu, so I watched it tonight. (I live in New England and get digital cable from Comcast/Xfinity) So if anyone else has a similar on-demand service, check it out... you might get lucky like I did!

Weird. I watch all The Avengers episodes OnDemand and finally got to Ultron Unlimited tonight and then came here to read the talkback only to see there wasn't one. Now I know why.

It's weird too about the production order of episodes included in the list above as yes, it is a bit wonky because clearly those are not how they were intended to air. What aired was the correct order.

macattack

I see you!
Staff member
Reporter
The change in management probably contributed to how the production order came out wonky. Nothing really else to say. Also, it makes it pretty damn apparent that Loeb and Quesada did not even consider keeping Keaton on as Spider-Man and pretty much gave him the heave-ho ASAP.

TheVileOne

Peace Loving Shinobi
Reporter
Not sure how you came to that conclusion at all.

I'm completely spitballing here but my guess would be some things were done out of order not unlike how in film many scenes, pick-ups, and coverage are not shot chronologically either. Fans will just look at any minor thing and see that as reason to get angry or Marvel being out to get them and ruin their shows.

Haven't we seen how even primetime animated shows have episodes that are sometimes aired out of production order or vice versa? Doesn't seem to be all that unusual when it comes to TV.

macattack

I see you!
Staff member
Reporter
Not sure how you came to that conclusion at all.

I'm completely spitballing here but my guess would be some things were done out of order not unlike how in film many scenes, pick-ups, and coverage are not shot chronologically either. Fans will just look at any minor thing and see that as reason to get angry or Marvel being out to get them and ruin their shows.

Haven't we seen how even primetime animated shows have episodes that are sometimes aired out of production order or vice versa? Doesn't seem to be all that unusual when it comes to TV.

I didn't have time to fully get to my point.

The first 14 episodes of the season were Yost and Fine-only episodes, and the final 12 were done by the new management. But Along Came A Spider should have been earlier on the production order. But here's the thing. Along Came A Spider went back into production. Why? To have Drake Bell and J. K. Simmons dub over Josh Keaton and Daran Norris. So that knocks the episode down on the production order because it wasn't officially completed until Bell and Simmons did their recordings.

That's what I'm talking about. And because Along Came a Spider is so high up compared to the other Loeb-run episodes, it pretty much implies the re-dubbing happened pretty much right away.

Along Came a Spider was a Yost and Fine episode, and Assault on 42 is a Loeb episode. And that's fine. But Along Came A Spider got knocked down the order because it went back into production for the redubbing. That changes the completion order.

ShadowStar

I didn't have time to fully get to my point.

The first 14 episodes of the season were Yost and Fine-only episodes, and the final 12 were done by the new management. But Along Came A Spider should have been earlier on the production order. But here's the thing. Along Came A Spider went back into production. Why? To have Drake Bell and J. K. Simmons dub over Josh Keaton and Daran Norris. So that knocks the episode down on the production order because it wasn't officially completed until Bell and Simmons did their recordings.

That's what I'm talking about. And because Along Came a Spider is so high up compared to the other Loeb-run episodes, it pretty much implies the re-dubbing happened pretty much right away.

Along Came a Spider was a Yost and Fine episode, and Assault on 42 is a Loeb episode. And that's fine. But Along Came A Spider got knocked down the order because it went back into production for the redubbing. That changes the completion order.

That's not how it works. Production order reflects the order in which the scripts were completed (so the order they went into production), not the order in which they were finished, so the thing is, "Along Came a Spider..." is the 16th one that they started work on for the second season. "Assault on 42" is a Yost/Fine episode while "Along Came a Spider..." was always part of the Loeb/Man of Action era (though Chris Yost got to write it).

macattack

I see you!
Staff member
Reporter
That's not how it works. Production order reflects the order in which the scripts were completed (so the order they went into production), not the order in which they were finished, so the thing is, "Along Came a Spider..." is the 16th one that they started work on for the second season. "Assault on 42" is a Yost/Fine episode while "Along Came a Spider..." was always part of the Loeb/Man of Action era (though Chris Yost got to write it).

Well then I stand corrected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts