Green Lantern: The Animated Series "Beware My Power..., Parts 1 & 2" Talkback (Spoilers)

Rate and Comment - Green Lantern: The Animated Series "Beware My Power"

• Total voters

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Check out the one-hour Green Lantern: The Animated Series special preview at 7pm (ET) on Cartoon Network and 8pm (ET) on Teletoon!

Green Lantern: The Animated Series
"Beware My Power ... Green Lantern's Light!"
Original Airdate: Friday, November 11th, 2011

Synopsis: In the first part of the two-part series premiere episode, ace test pilot Hal Jordan, who leads a secret life as Earth's guardian Green Lantern, is called back to Oa. Searching for the culprits behind a series of Green Lantern deaths in "Frontier Space", Hal and his gruff fellow Green Lantern Kilowog “commandeer” The Interceptor, a prototype spaceship powered by pure Green Lantern energy and an advanced artificial intelligence system that Hal names Aya.

In the second half of the two-part series premiere episode, Hal and Kilowog discover that a group of Red Lanterns, including the conflicted Razer and the vile Zilius Zox have been targeting and eliminating Green Lanterns in Frontier Space. Along with the help from a surviving Frontier Space Green Lantern Shyir Rev, Hal and Kilowog must stop the Red Lantern leader Atrocitus from destroying Shyir's home planet of Colony 12.

Comments?

Related Links:
Green Lantern: The Animated Series "Beware My Power" Review (Spoilers)

Mod Note: As a reminder to all users, please keep the discussion in this thread on-topic and as dignified and civilized as possible. No spamming, no post flooding, no unrelated discussions, no fighting or disrespectful behavior of any kind, etc., will be tolerated. And please, don't post for just the sake of posting. Have something of worth to add to the conversation. The necessary infractions and warnings will be issued as moderators see fit - no exceptions. This thread will be closely monitored for unruly behavior so please abide by the rules and have fun conversing with others while enjoying and respecting their opinions. Thank you.

Replikon Xum

So many great lines... But if I had to pick just one...

"Whattaya want written on your tombstone?"

"'Spent the rest of his long life making sure his ring was charged.'"

Wait... That was two lines, wasn't it?

Xum

MetroSparkster

...has nothing to say.
So, we're getting Red Lanterns.
No doubt we'll be getting the Yellow Sinestro Corps.

I wonder if we will have a Blackest Night/Brightest Day or Sinestro War adaptation later...

Last edited by a moderator:

FTPC

Sweet! good to see Hal is already a Green Lantern instead of having to revisit the whole origin story,

I second that and what is the deal with the red rings? Red lanterns vs Green Lanterns =
Christmas lol But it is turn out to a good special. Will the The G.L.S .

Green
Lanterns
series

replace Rex or ben 10 maybe?

Dragnatek

I second that and what is the deal with the red rings? Red lanterns vs Green Lanterns =
Christmas lol But it is turn out to a good special. Will the The G.L.S .

Green
Lanterns
series

replace Rex or ben 10 maybe?

It's going to replace Batman the brave and the Bold which has what one episode left.

Blackmanba

Christmas lol But it is turn out to a good special. Will the GLS replace Rex or ben 10 maybe?

Batman the Brave and The Bold it's going to be airing it's series finally next week so after it's over Green Lantern will probably be given it's time slot. That or they could rearrange the time slots to have Green Lantern at an earlier time or later.

Toons4ever

Did anyone else catch that fully awesome DC Nation Commercial:D, now im way more excited for this

Great to see Teen Titans to come back in some form, even if it's a little kiddy:anime:

Chaos Yoshi Mage

The Lonely Raven
I know this isn't finished yet, but I'm loving it so far. The CG isn't bad but it's really plasticy, everything else is really good, the voice acting, writing, and extra notably the score. I really like Razer and I want to know his VA, I think I've heard him before in Fallout: New Vegas.

Blackmanba

Green Lantern wiki says that Razer is voiced by Jason Spisak! Also I'm really liking him as well, for a RL he seems to be the only one that really wants justice and is willing to do it the right way.

Blackmanba

Is anybody but me hoping that Razer gets given a second chance as a GL in the future? That or that he gets his ring back and helps with the defeat of the other RL's.

Chaos Yoshi Mage

The Lonely Raven
Green Lantern wiki says that Razer is voiced by Jason Spisak! Also I'm really liking him as well, for a RL he seems to be the only one that really wants justice and is willing to do it the right way.

Cool, although I thought he might be Yuri Lowenthal since he voiced a character with that same sinister voice in the aforementioned game. Yeah, I'm loving, him mostly because I love anti-heroes and characters that can be morally grey. Most of the time the DC superheroes we see have a very black and white way of doing things.

Also, I have reiterate how amazing the score is, not that previous DC shows had bad music, but this had a real Star Wars feel to it (Even more so than The Clone Wars does at most times).

Mek

Digestive Juices
I...

... I need more of this show in my life.

It's THAT good. I just loved everything about it. I even loved Hal, and considering I really don't like him in the comics, THAT alone is impressive.

Just, huuuuahhhh, March can't come soon enough!

Although silly question: Did anyone catch who voiced Salaak? The credits went by way too quickly for me to see.

Blackmanba

Cool, although I thought he might be Yuri Lowenthal since he voiced a character with that same sinister voice in the aforementioned game. Yeah, I'm loving, him mostly because I love anti-heroes and characters that can be morally grey. Most of the time the DC superheroes we see have a very black and white way of doing things.

Also, I have reiterate how amazing the score is, not that previous DC shows had bad music, but this had a real Star Wars feel to it (Even more so than The Clone Wars does at most times).

Yeah! I thought it was Lowenthal as well until I checked the wiki, though the wiki could be wrong and it might be Lowenthal.

Bat-Fan Beyond

I don't mind the Bruce Timm inspired character designs at all, and despite the CG rendering looking like plastic and being nowhere near as good as Star Wars: Clone Wars or Transformers Prime, I really enjoyed this a lot more than those shows! And shockingly, Josh Keaton was great as the voice of Hal! I loved Keaton as Peter Parker in the Spectacular Spider-Man, but I was really worried he'd be too much the same way and not be suitable for Hal Jordan, but he nailed it!

Spotlight

Staff online

Members online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.
Change of plans, no concert for me tonight! Instead, if everything goes according to plan, I will instead be seeing Chris Barron (of Spin Doctors) in May.
I may actually delete my twitter account. It is just really bad these days, and I have other ways to keep in touch with the few people on there I do care about, so deleting it would be rather easy. Something I once thought I'd never think of doing.
And now: A Classic Toonzone Moment #3

On the TTTP on October 13, 2002, a couple of users question if Dumb Patrol (1964) is truly offensive, causing a long discussion about flame wars: "Dumb Patrol"
I still haven't made a real post on that Dreamwidth blog I have linked in my signature. Still deciding what I want to do with it, really. I want to practice my reviewing skills so I may use it exclusively as a review blog for whatever I feel like.

Featured Posts