"Justice League (2011 Ongoing)" Series Talkback (Spoilers)

Rate and Comment - [i]Justice League[/i]

• Total voters

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
The latest story-arc continues!

JUSTICE LEAGUE #10

Written by GEOFF JOHNS
Art by JIM LEE and SCOTT WILLIAMS
Cover by JIM LEE and SCOTT WILLIAMS

• “THE VILLAIN’S JOURNEY” part two!
• The identity of the Justice League’s newest and deadliest foe is revealed!
• Part four of the debut of SHAZAM!

Comments?

Spider-Man

Is it me or was the artwork really rushed this time around? I found it very sketchy at times and not up to Jim Lee's usual standards. The rumors about him leaving the title must be true.

Manga4life

DYNAMITE's PULP FIESTA BLOG!!!
I just re-read this issue and man......this Graves character is pretty intense! I loved the story here, the sick and dying character killing his doctor and enlisting in the services of other villains to help him out, and I'm sure everyone got a good chuckle out of Flash and Green Lantern trying to interrogate Weapons Master and having to get Wonder Woman involved. Classic moment. All in all I loved this issue and feel that JusticeLeague is one of the best, if not the absolute best, team book on the market today and the only other book that competes with it in my eyes is Legion of Super-Heroes. But yeah, Justice League is just pure awesome!

brickrrb2

So far every issue of this new 52 Justice league has left me depressed, crying or want to throw up. Why is DC Doing this? Heroes are suppose to inspire hope

Manga4life

So far every issue of this new 52 Justice league has left me depressed, crying or want to throw up. Why is DC Doing this? Heroes are suppose to inspire hope

Um, okay.....

If a comic book is giving this kind of symptoms than maybe you have a health condition or something, because comic books are not a common cause of nausea and/or depression.

But anyway....

I liked issue #10 a lot, especially the team meeting where you could feel a little bit of tension between the team seeing as how some people don't know everything about each other, and of course the bit with Green Lantern being called out on hitting on Flash's date was hilarious. Graves showing up out of the blue inside of where the Justice League was holding their meeting was a bit odd, as was their whole encounter, but it was pretty cool and I look forward to seeing what the outcome of all of this is.

Good stuff!

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
The latest story-arc continues!

JUSTICE LEAGUE #11

Written by GEOFF JOHNS
Art by JIM LEE and SCOTT WILLIAMS
Cover by JIM LEE and SCOTT WILLIAMS

• “The Villain’s Journey” part three!
• Batman , Cyborg and Aquaman battle Element Woman!
• Continuing the origin of SHAZAM!

Comments?

Spider-Man

The little tussle between Wonder Woman and Green Lantern was interesting. Johns is really playing up the really jerky side of Hal Jordan in this series, Still even though I am a bit tired of heroes fightings amongst each other, I did find this to be a good issue. The script was solid and the art is good, though you can tell Lee is cutting a few corners here and there as he struggles to keep up with deadlines. I hope he doesn't leave the book too soon.

Azrayel

It's nice to see Hal get a beating he deserves. Geoff Johns does a good job of making him a jerk in this series. I've been wondering is Hal a full fledge Green Lantern in the Justice League, or is that still the ring Sinestro made for him?

Manga4life

Wow, what an issue! Watching Wonder Woman go nuts and take out GL and Superman was pretty cool, as was the whole part with the valley of souls at the end and the (possible) revelation that Steve Trevor is indeed dead and Diana was too late, overall this was very good stuff. The writing in this issue was very good and the pencils by Jim Lee were amazing as always, I just loved the whole package and I'm totally digging Graves as a villain. I personally hope Steve isn't dead because I think that would screw with Wonder Woman's head too much, she still loved him and I'd hate to see her really loose someone she loves, especially if she's capable of doing what she did to Superman and GL she could go nuts and do that to everyone should the revelation be true.

Can't wait for next months issue!

Dragonpiece

Looking forward to this months issue! It's going to be the size of a annual and somethign is happening that will have the world taking about it for months to come!(At least according to DC's website.) And I doubt Steve is dead, why would they suddenly drop his plans for doing a new team with green arrow suddenly?

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Entertainment Weekly has the exclusive announcement that Justice League #12 will reveal a new major power-couple in the DC Universe - Superman and Wonder Woman. Details can be found here.

fl-justice-league_510x784.jpg

The comic, which goes on sale Aug. 29, culminates months of flirty foreshadowing. Writer Geoff Johns hints that some event — possibly tragic — will impact every member of the Justice League, and cause Superman and Wonder Woman to seek solace in each other and move from super-powered colleagues to power couple. This is no one-issue stunt: “This is the new status quo,” says Johns, adding that the relationship will have a seismic impact on all the heroes and villains in the DC universe.

Heeroyuy_Batman

Before Flashpoint, I never imagined seeing Superman and Wonder Woman together in the mainline universe. However, if done right, this could do wonders for both characters. If done wrong, this move will be panned for many, many years to come. Although I like Superman and Lois Lane, I also really liked Superman and Wonder Woman's relationship in Kingdom Come. However, I still think Superman/Lois could be done in the future since the post-Flashpoint Superman is younger.

Shawn Hopkins

TZ Member of the Year 2013
Honest question, did you guys ever think you'd one day see a press release that boils down to "Superman and Wonder Woman are doin' it?"

All the girls on Paradise Island are going to be really disappointed.

And oh goddess, I hope they don't actually do it in the sky. A scene like that happened in the Buffy comic book and it was goddessawful. Just say no to sky sex.

GWOtaku

Staff member
Reporter
Look, it's important because The DC Universe Will Never Be The Same™.

Not really sold on this. In my mind Lois & Clark was organic and right, this seems arbitrary. I don't know that their personalities and mythoi really go together all that well (immigrant from space X greek mythology?).

We'll see, I guess. This worked okay in standalone what-if stories like Kingdom Come, but as a new status quo their work is cut out making it feel genuine as opposed to one more publicity stunt. But we'll see.

rggkjg1

KRYPTONITE NEVERMORE!
where exactly does justice league fit in the new 52 timeline? is it in the "present" with a majority of the titles? is it somewhere in the "past" (obviously after action comics)? is a little farther in the "future" when compared to the titles? if the book is anywhere but the present, there will be an easy out if wonder woman and superman together doesnt work out. i was thinking (and saw/read somewhere) the current justice league run is smack right in the middle of the new 52 timeline right now.

here's how i see it going regardless of the timeline:
after being together for however long, superman calls it off because wonder woman is there for SUPERMAN. lois is there for CLARK. he wants to identify with (or simply be) the CLARK persona. wonder woman can't do that. even if it's diana prince and clark kent. in the end, superman will be with lois and wonder woman will be with steve trevor. as the new wonder woman/superman relationship goes on, i'm sure romantic comedy hijinks will ensue when steve and lois get together out of jealousy in hopes wonder woman and superman notice and eventually come to them as their romantic interests.

Heeroyuy_Batman

Look, it's important because The DC Universe Will Never Be The Same™.

Not really sold on this. In my mind Lois & Clark was organic and right, this seems arbitrary. I don't know that their personalities and mythoi really go together all that well (immigrant from space X greek mythology?).

We'll see, I guess. This worked okay in standalone what-if stories like Kingdom Come, but as a new status quo their work is cut out making it feel genuine as opposed to one more publicity stunt. But we'll see.

In a way, a Superman/Wonder Woman relationship makes a lot of sense actually. As the article says, they "can be themselves". The two of them won't have to hide anything or hold back. Not only that, they will truly understand what the other feels. While meta/normal human relationships (I'm using meta very broadly to include aliens like Kal-El and Amazons like Diana) can have great emotional resonance, so can meta/meta relationships. It's just that they're different and Superman/WW's relationship will naturally be much different from Superman/Lois Lane's.

Radical Raven

Bow bow bow, bow bow bow...
Oh awesome, I've been liking Justice League less and less and was really hoping they'd give me a concrete reason to stop buying it. A Fanfiction style out-of-nowhere power-based pairing certainly fits the bill.

Gatordragon

A jester is you!
Interesting. I always wondered if Superman and Wonder Woman would make a great couple. Since they don't have to hide behind a secret identity, they can be more true to each other.

I heard that in the DCAU, Wonder Woman had a thing for Batman. Was there anybody who didn't like that pairing?

Shawn Hopkins

TZ Member of the Year 2013
Superman and Wonder Woman are a bad couple. Because they're a great couple. They're both powerful, noble, and don't really need anything from each other. No strings, no drama, it's basically like dating yourself. So it's boring.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts