"Power Rangers Samurai" Season One Talkback (Spoilers)

veemonjosh

Stone free, do what I please
It's 5PM EST, so, as The Penguin instructed, this talkback can be posted now.

nickelodeon.png
PRSamurai.jpg

A new generation of Power Rangers must master the mystical and ancient Samurai Symbols of Power which give them control over the elements of Fire, Water, Sky, Forest, and Earth. Under the guidance of their all-knowing mentor and the aid of their devoted animal Zords, they battle the dark forces of the Netherworld and a mysterious Warrior bent on destruction.

Finally, the Power Rangers legend continues. An adaptation of Super Sentai 33, Samural Sentai Shinkenger, Power Rangers Samurai is exclusive to Nickelodeon and NickToons.

Episode Guide:

---Season One---
1. Origins (1)
2. Origins (2)
3. The Team Unites - 2/7
4. Deal with a Nighlock - 2/13
5. Day Off - 2/20
6. Sticks and Stones - 2/27
7. Fish Out of Water - 3/6
8. There Go the Brides - 3/13
9. I've Got a Spell on Blue - 3/20
10. Forest for the Trees - 3/27
11. Test of the Leader - 4/10
12 - Jayden's Challenge - 4/17
13 - Unexpected Arrival - 4/30
14 - Room For One More - 5/7
15 - The Blue and the Gold - 5/14
16 - Team Spirit - 5/21
17 - The Tengen Gate - 5/28
18 - Boxed In - 6/4

Previous Power Rangers Premiere Talkbacks:
Jungle Fury
RPM - Part 1 / Part 2
Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers (Reversioned)

Last edited by a moderator:

Takao

Fight the darkness all around
How exciting.

I'll probably pop in when the series premieres this Friday in Canada.

Don_East

A regular character.
Nervous Shinkenger fanboy here, I'm cautiously optimistic about this I'm expecting it not being that good if the previews indicate anything.

veemonjosh

nickelodeon.png
PRSamurai.jpg

Last time on Power Rangers: Seven rangers in a domed city in a possible future finally defeated the evil Vejix virus and paved a pathway for a bright tomorrow. Then things got really weird as Rita Repulsa gained back her powers and sent the ABC Kids stadium back in time to the year 1993 to the original team of rangers...through the eyes of a comic book. We left this reversioned past seeing a karate commercial starring the legendary Ranger Tommy and a certain man who shall make his return on this day, over 17 years later...

Episode 1: The Team Unites
Originally aired - February 7, 2011
Airs: Tonight @ 8pm
Repeats - Tuesday @ 6:30pm
Wednesday @ 7am
Thursday @ 3pm
Saturday @ 12pm

(All times Eastern, check your local cable listings.)

Synopsis: Mike figures out the hard way what it means to be a Samurai Ranger after a Nighlok attacks him and his friends.

Last edited by a moderator:

anime_guru

show me your as-sets
May be in the minority but I hated the original OP of power rangers...go go power rangers...even as a kid I couldn't bear that opening...
although so far it doesn't seem bad the series that is I wonder how they will do the morphing
From the previews the kanji has been kept...interestingly enough
I wonder if a specific joke will be kept...
OMG ITS BULK!!! wait a minute where's skull
and uhm weren't they moved to a different Earth!?

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
Originally posted by anime_guru
OMG ITS BULK!!! wait a minute where's skull
and uhm weren't they moved to a different Earth!?

Well that was only Bulk and the professor character from Power Rangers In Space. However it was shown in "Forever Red" Bulk was back on earth opening a Juice Bar so between Lost Galaxy and Wild Force Bulk came back to Earth. It was never explained why exactly but it's already canon so let's hope they maybe adress it at some point in this series when Bulk meets the rangers.

anime_guru

show me your as-sets
goodness I must've forgot about that...geez so that's what happened
henshin DOES have kanji!!!!
and green is failing bad

veemonjosh

It is kind of bothering me how obvious it is that this isn't the chronological first episode...

anime_guru

show me your as-sets
It is kind of bothering me how obvious it is that this isn't the chronological first episode...

I was thinking wtf strange first episode that is so very emo!
But how could you introduce it considering the shikenger was a bit different in terms of introduction...

Don_East

A regular character.
Well that was only Bulk and the professor character from Power Rangers In Space. However it was shown in "Forever Red" Bulk was back on earth opening a Juice Bar so between Lost Galaxy and Wild Force Bulk came back to Earth. It was never explained why exactly but it's already canon so let's hope they maybe adress it at some point in this series when Bulk meets the rangers.
Well a deleted line from Forever Red has Skull mentioning the professor so maybe they came back to Earth.

I know right, the first episode of Shinkenger sets up the story the team right off the bat. Here Saban figures on jumping right into the story and wait for the origin later. (Which has to be told since they did their own version of the other 4 rangers getting summoned)

veemonjosh

I know right, the first episode of Shinkenger sets up the story the team right off the bat. Here Saban figures on jumping right into the story and wait for the origin later. (Which has to be told since they did their own version of the other 4 rangers getting summoned)

And one of the released preview clips was a close reinactment of the first transformation scene, which this episode doesn't have.

anime_guru

show me your as-sets
Well the henshin isn't bad at all I have to say it just seems a bit after school specialie...
like with this new lesson learned I can win! It's like the sonic sez! I mean its rather cheesy
Although never have I wanted to watch an American version of Power Rangers since SPD (which I LOVED)

But the monster dialog is so camp its funny!
yeah its sad you can tell this is a LATER episode and I didn't even fully watch shikenger to notice that one...

anime_guru

show me your as-sets
no oden joke though...which is expected I guess since it was an early on joke...
And there's the 4 kids team speech the dialog is so Saturday morning!

Edward15

To The Toons Of The 2000's!
So, apparently, they decided to show this one as sort of a sneak peek and show the episode of how it began at a later date. Hey, if we're lucky, that might be a two-parter.

anime_guru

show me your as-sets
You know its been a bit since I've been genuinely excited for power rangers. And with this power rangers, camp saturday morning dialog, skills that we can hope the rangers use toward the end, and just being thrown into this, I almost want to say Saban messed up like before. But being realistic, I don't think they messed up at all - save from the OP. Even with the laughable dialog, I had FUN watching this Power Rangers. It's hard to take it seriously because I didn't and I had a blast watching it. I'll say it once
WHAT AN AWESOME (NOT FIRST) EPISODE
I think I will stick with it. Good job! Even bringing Bulk back! Yeah I'm sticking to this...it was so hysterical :D
Only true gripe is the OP - what once you've heard JAM Project, everything just seems...
not good...

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
Yeah I also find it hard how they aren't showing the first episode... first. Thinking about it what they should of done is show this one, and THEN have the first Sunday episode (BTW what is with the time for when they're airing new episodes? Sundays at noon? Since when does nickelodeon premiere things Sunday mid afternoon? Couldn't they do it Saturday at least? And why not Monday evenings like this since really I think Nick at Nite can spare showing one less My Wife and Kids every week) be the origin episode. And then the promos could be "Like Power Rangers Samurai? Then watch starting this Sunday at Noon to see how the story began, how the rangers came together and learned of their samurai destines" or something of that effect.

This is defintley not the first episode though since first episodes are either general ranger epsiodes introducing everyone, or more red ranger focused episodes. Focusing on the Green Mike feels off and really this episode only gives you charactierzation on Mike (didn't really do much with his "can't tell his friends angle due to having to seperate from them due to being a Samurai" thinking about it. And honestly how seperate are the rangers anyway if like some series they transform right in front of people evacuating? Seems like they don't care too much about keeping it a secret. The part about him wanting to do better felt a bit more earnest even if it just promoting more "teamwork is everything" mumbo jumbo) and Jayden (who just seems like the classic Red Ranger). It kind of felt like the blue one could be a bit of a jerk sometimes and... well the yellow and pink are so similar at this point I can only tell them apart by their hair colors and looks which is incredibley superficial I know but even Trini and Kimberly had more distinct charactericistcs in their first episodes even if they were cliche ones. I will give the show credit though on the villians and Bulk scenes since those felt incredibley nostalgicially classic Power Rangers, moreso then the actual rangers scene. I also like how the rangers just whipped out their elemental soliders to take out the Nyloc goons instead of having a long padded out fighting scene with them. Normally the Power Rangers take like several minutes taking out the goons morphed or unmorphed so looks like these rangers don't really mess around. The CGI though amuaterish looked good for Power Rangers and I did like the megazord design (though the actual animals designs look kind of weird, espiecally Mike's bear). Still a pretty good first episode. Thinking about it this may be the first time really since either Lightspeed Rescue or Dino Thunder I actually sat down and watched the first episode of a Power Rangers series and this one may be worth actually paying more attention to and seeing how it develops.

veemonjosh

Only true gripe is the OP - what once you've heard JAM Project, everything just seems...
not good...

What? Shinkenger's theme song wasn't sung by JAM Project (otherwise, I don't know why you're mentioning them for a show they have no relation to).

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Starting next month, I will be going back to using Magical Doremi profile pics for a while, because I want to honor the first magical girl series I ever watched.
Streaker Prower wrote on Vuxovich's profile.
What would happen if FUNimation did continue to use Ocean Media for Dragon Ball Z And Probably the Original Dragon Ball, GT, Kai, Super and the Video Games

Here's my review of Barbie And Stacie To The Rescue in honor of Cassandra Lee Morris's birthday.
so, with primal screen going down, I wonder how that affected Cartoon Network since they using that studio to do the bumpers for years now, are they going to start working with the animation studio who did the bumpers for adult swim now

Featured Posts