Star Wars: The Clone Wars - "Bounty Hunters" - Talkback [4/2]

Space Cadet

I'M SWEATING
Staff member
cartoon-network.png
NormalIII.gif

Premieres: April 2nd at 9:00 PM Eastern
Repeats: April 3rd at 8:30 AM Eastern

A new episode airs tonight at 9 PM Eastern.

Anyone00

The Moltar-Snork
It looks like their retreading a old Star Wars comic that was a retread of a Western that was a retread of a Samurai movie.

HEATXZ

Duck Knght
Great episode :anime:
I like the lightsaber fights and Embo beating up that pirate scout :anime:

Last edited by a moderator:

GC13

What would Doyle do?
Yeah, it was a nice Seven Samurai homage but little else. I didn't expect Anakin to willingly spare the captain though, odd. Look at all the farmers bringing sticks to gunfights though, and winning! :sweat:

Fifi Fanatic

Certified Skunkologist
I knew going in that this was an homage to "The Seven Samurai", but they made that even more clear with the "In Memory of Akira Kurosawa" message at the beginning. Very nice.

Solid episode all around. The return of Captain Hondo, fun bickering between Obi-Wan and Anakin, and one bad*** new addition to Star Wars lore in the form of Embo. *Adds the Embo action figure to his wish list*

Then only drawback was that it was too condensed. This has happened in a number of episodes. They come up with a good story, but 22 minutes is just not enough time to tell it properly. This one should have been a two-parter to flesh out all four bounty hunters more....

Four Death Stars out of Five.

P.S.: Kowakian Monkey-Lizards can drive tanks! Who knew? :p

P.P.S.: Embo very clearly snapped that scout's neck... yet the fandom will still claim that this is a kiddie show....

GC13

What would Doyle do?
Hey, Cad Bane (I almost called him Rufus again :sweat: ) was snapping necks since the first season! Besides, I'd consider Anakin's interrogation of Poggle "worse" than the neck snapping anyway if you were trying to point out an indicator of the show's maturity level (though you'd be wrong to count the spikes and not the average). I mean, people get shot in cartoons all the time, and there's still no blood with a neck snap.

DocForbin

I thought it was a good homage to Kurosawa himself, given how CN's sister network TCM just wrapped up showing some of his movies on Tuesdays last month (my favorites being Rashomon and Ran).

IIRC it's been said that Kurosawa's Hidden Fortress inspired George Lucas to create Star Wars.

Anyhow, pretty good, though as has been pointed out it it did seem rushed.

TKnHappyNess

I wonder if Teletoon only aired a repeat tonight in order for CN to catch up. They aired Ep 5 so maybe next week will be the same ep for both Canada and the U.S.

ChildHood90s

Loves his coffee
Liked the new episode tonight, I'm kind of starting to grow on the StarWars series. I'm also glad that they're playing an hour of it instead of just 30 minutes, it makes a lot more sense to me that they do that.

SuperMegaHyper

...I don't even know anymore.
Gotta admit it was better than what the trailer made it out to be, however the message was a little screwy.... yeah you should deffend your yourself but if the bounty hunters amd jedi weren't there it would've been suicide.:shrug:

R-Taco

Just A Little Bit Crazy
This really should have been a two-parter. One of the big reasons why Seven Samurai was so great was because you actually got to know the characters before they started dying, which made it much more emotional. The first one of these guys to die only had one line of dialogue.

Also, this episode never really had any sense that the heroes were at a disadvantage. In 7S they barely won, and throughought the battle you felt like they could lose at any moment.

Pro: The bounty hunter with the hat who spoke another language was incredibly badass.

Ed Liu

Frog of Thunder
Staff member
Reporter
This really should have been a two-parter. One of the big reasons why Seven Samurai was so great was because you actually got to know the characters before they started dying, which made it much more emotional. The first one of these guys to die only had one line of dialogue.
The season finale is a 3-parter, not just a two-parter, although it sounds like your gripe is that there was enough in just this one episode for 2 full ones on its own, regardless of what happens in the real parts 2 and 3.

Regardless, Lucasfilm ran a trailer at Wondercon and then gave it to the press, so click through below to see it:

Toonzone Presents "Star Wars: The Clone Wars" Season 2 Finale Trailer

Wonderwall

Staff member
Also, this episode never really had any sense that the heroes were at a disadvantage. In 7S they barely won, and throughought the battle you felt like they could lose at any moment.

That's kind of been one of the main problems of the show in general, not just in this episode.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts