The last Nickelodeon Magazine is out

TheVofSteel

I just thought I'd tell you that the last issue of Nickelodeon Magazine is now out. I just picked it up at Acme. On the front page, there is a letter from a Nick exec, thanking the readers for helping Nick Mag run for 16 years, and assuring people that the rest of Nickelodeon will still be going strong. Other than that, it's just a normal Nick Mag issue. Still using the old logo on the cover, which is understandable I guess. SpongeBob is the Nicktoon comic in this issue.

FriendlyMushroom

Knight of Sidonia
So... whatever happened to the Avatar comics that were going to be in a Nickmag? Y'know, the one with Sokka and Zuko doing a training sword duel, Toph and Bumi going at it, and a flashback of Aang finding a dragon egg with Kuzon before the war?

Dudley

Staff member
So... whatever happened to the Avatar comics that were going to be in a Nickmag? Y'know, the one with Sokka and Zuko doing a training sword duel, Toph and Bumi going at it, and a flashback of Aang finding a dragon egg with Kuzon before the war?

That all got canceled.

CartoonNothing

Es solo una forma de decir.
Man, I want to get my hands on it. BTW, here's the cover of the last issue that I got from Sherm Cohen's DeviantArt account.

MOD NOTE: Next time, put a link in, not the entire picture. Makes the page load slower than it needs to. Thanks.

Dudley

Staff member
Dude, shrink that image or submit it as a link.

Chris Duffy, the editor of Nick Magazine came to my college to review portfolios for potential jobs.
Naturally, I didn't get in, but I feel sorry for all the other students who probably got in, but lost their chance since the magazine ended.

Light Lucario

Staff member
It almost seems like they're excited about the fact that the magazine is being discontinued, the way that they have big letters saying "THIS IS OUR LAST ISSUE!"

That's a good point. I also find it pretty weird that they have "Happy Holidays" right underneath "It's Our Last Issue." It's like they're trying to put a more positive spin/feel for the kids who read the magazine, but the two tones from the different statements just make it really odd to see.

KamikoNyuu

Super Mushroom
I got my issue in the mail about a week ago. I was hoping for the main comic not to be Spongebob, but i didn't get my wish. I'm sort of shocked they didn't do anything but print "THIS IS OUR LAT ISSUE!" on the cover. (Then again...knowing Nick I should have seen it coming.) I've been subscibed for 2-3 years now, and I will dearly miss it.

Rho

12 - 6 cloud?
I haven't even seen Nick Magazine at all recently.. I got the November one, but all magazine stands I've seen have no Nick Magazines at all. :sad:

Neo Yi

Joustus!
Staff member
Reporter
I got my issue in the mail about a week ago. I was hoping for the main comic not to be Spongebob, but i didn't get my wish. I'm sort of shocked they didn't do anything but print "THIS IS OUR LAT ISSUE!" on the cover. (Then again...knowing Nick I should have seen it coming.) I've been subscibed for 2-3 years now, and I will dearly miss it.

To be fair, the canceling probably came out of nowhere for the people in charge of the magazine. Considering the time they need to push out so they can come out each month, executive meddling can severely limit their time to do certain things. It's an understandable gesture that said cancellation could have mucked up their scheduling.

veemonjosh

Stone free, do what I please
My final subscription unfortunately ran out at the October issue...

So now, with none of the magazine stands I frequent having it, I'll have to search high and low across the internet for the final two issues. I've been reading this ever since the mid-90's, I might as well see how it ends.

I will miss having a magazine arrive at my door every month. I used to have subscriptions to Disney Adventures, Nickelodeon Magazine, and Tips & Tricks. I lost interest in the latter around 2005, then Disney Adventures ended, and now Nickelodeon Magazine has ended...I have a subscription Sonic Universe, but, that being a comic, the days of monthly magazines for me has come to an end.

Rho

12 - 6 cloud?
..Is this even at stores? Is it subscription only? Seems like it to me... :shrug:

DeanBurrito25

I saw it at my local CVS and read it. All it is are a bunch of Spongebob comic strips and couple other comics from the magazine.
Seems fitting considering all Nick focuses on is Spongebob nowadays. :shrug:

A

Ambie

Wow, this is kinda sad. I used to read these all the time. Wonder why it's ending..?

veemonjosh

Stone free, do what I please
Wow, this is kinda sad. I used to read these all the time. Wonder why it's ending..?

Cutting corners, loss of interest on the company's part, loss of readership numbers, magazine stands no longer wanting to carry it...

There could be any number of reasons why it's ending, but I don't think anyone who worked on the magazine has said a specific reason.

Dr.Pepper

Its kind of sad to see it go. I never subscribed to it, but I did read them at my friend's house about 10 years ago.

ToonFaithful

The One Who Knocks™
It's sad to see it go. I quit reading them in 2006 and I think some of them are in the storage. I also remember how Disney Adventures ended.....anyways I remember reading Nick's mags.

Alph

Wow, I used to read Nick magazine all the time when I was a kid.

It's weird seeing things from your childhood dwindle away one by one.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.

Featured Posts