Talkback: Fairly OddParents - "Fairly OddBaby" (2/18/08)

How many "Poofs" do you give it?

• 5 Poofs

Votes: 7 19.4%
  • 4 Poofs

Votes: 12 33.3%
  • 3 Poofs

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • 2 Poofs

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • 1 Poofs

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • 0 Poofs

Votes: 7 19.4%

• Total voters

Bryan

News/Schedules
Staff member
Reporter
The Fairly OddParents are back from cancellation!

Nickelodeon Premiere

The Fairly OddParents in...
Fairly OddBaby

Monday, February 18, 2008 from 8-9PM

Description (from TVGuide.com): Timmy's wish for a baby for Cosmo and Wanda comes true, but the infant becomes central to a plot to take over the world by the Anti-Fairies and the Pixies.

REPEATS

Nickelodeon:
Tuesday at 5PM
Wednesday at 3PM
Friday at 8PM

Nicktoons Network:
Sunday at 7PM

NOTE: Poll will be added after 9PM

PC!

lolwut?
The thought of Wanda and Cosmo having a baby doesn't thrill me, especially considering how badly the writers handled storylines involving babies in the past (poop, spit up, the usual baby stuff). Still, it's nice to see FOP back.

Dudley

Staff member
Well, considering I still find the show funny, even after they jumped the shark, I'm looking forward to seeing this.

r/s4ever

The pizza is MINE!
Currently, I don't really have an opinion. I'd like to see the special before I deicde whether or not I like it. It doesn't sound like it has a great plotline, and I'm a bit worried that the writing won't do it justice.

I liked the show in the past, but recently, about a few months before the cancellation, my interest in the show was slightly decreasing. This will either bring me back or make me lose all interset for good. So I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

Bryan

News/Schedules
Staff member
Reporter
I just thought I would make note of this (in the first premiere of the new season).

According to: http://www.frederatorblogs.com/post/4846

By now you should be seeing ads popping up on Nick announcing new episodes of The Fairly Oddparents in 2008. I do believe we're premiering over President's Day weekend, but if that's wrong then you didn't hear it from me. I think there are 20 new 11 minute episodes coming, plus several half hour specials and the one hour surprise special that will kick everything off (which, if you've started to see the ads, won't be a surprise for long - though it will still be special!). There are also a couple more hour long episodes coming for summer 2009 (wow we plan ahead), but if I mentioned those in detail then I would have to kill you all - and Butch would surely kill me.

~ This season will only have 20, eleven-minute episodes (i.e. 10 regular episodes)
~ This episode tonight will be one-hour (i.e. 2, thirty-minute episodes)
~ There will be a new Christmas special (30 min.)
~ Therefore, the remaining 7 episodes will either be hour-long specials or more 30 minute episodes

judyindisguise

As much as I did'nt care for the show in the first place,I sense a jump the shark moment here.

Yeah, a jump, and a big fat swollen pregnant-belly flop. (Pictures Cosmo in the water, with the sharks circling).

I have no doubt that ratings-wise, the special will do well. It's the aftermath that's going to be interesting. Will the baby restart the show? IMO, the obnoxious image of a preggy Coz shortcurcuits a lot of the excitement such a development might have generated. But we'll see...

desi

If their were any hopes for this show, the promos kinda killed em. I thought the show would have some heart once again and the characters for once would act like a family but now the baby just seems like an opportunity to make some more jokes. Example being Cosmo's belly. It's funny but disturbing.

Lavenderpaw

Essense Of Love
This premiere can either rise FOP from the ashes or send it plummeting down.

I really hope it isn't a flop myself.I use to really like FOP. :sad:

Ace4135

Some Guy
I'm glad there's a new episode of FOP....

Cosmo and Wanda have a baby..... eh.....

I mean... it's different....

Timmy getting a baby sister or brother would be a little cooler and make a bit more sense....

But uh.... let's watch it before we really criticize it

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Here's my review of Barbie And Stacie To The Rescue in honor of Cassandra Lee Morris's birthday.
so, with primal screen going down, I wonder how that affected Cartoon Network since they using that studio to do the bumpers for years now, are they going to start working with the animation studio who did the bumpers for adult swim now
It is now officially 20 years since I joined here.
I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!

Featured Posts