Star Wars: Bounty Hunter

Tanooki

Supplexing disease since 1982.
as i mentioned elsewhere: search function, official talkback threads

we're not going to create a brand new talkback for a obscure game that is centuries old

EDIT: re-opening this thread since it appears there is no actual talkback for the game. keep in mind, the game was released back in december of 2002, but if there's interest in discussing it, please feel free. thanks

Cade Skywalker

Bounty Hunter/Jedi Knight
EDIT: re-opening this thread since it appears there is no actual talkback for the game. keep in mind, the game was released back in december of 2002, but if there's interest in discussing it, please feel free. thanks

Cool, thanks!

I posted a thread like this in 2 other forums, and they got a lot, so lets hope its the same here.

Anywho, i hope there is a Bounty Hunter II.

MM54

Human bean juice
While not nearly of a high enough caliber of quality to be considered a classic (at least on my part), "Bounty Hunter" was a fun action game and a pretty decent "Star Wars" game, which is more than I can say about some other full fledged "action" games in the series (see: "Obi-Wan", "Jedi Outcast", "Revenge of the Sith").

Simpler Simon

Always in Style
As a star wars fan I own it, but it was too frustrating for me to get around to finishing. Mostly because you have to pause to access all the cool weapons, and the identify/tag/capture bounty system was just too cumbersome in the middle of enemies trying to frag you left and right.

I like how they got Temuera Morrison and Leanna Welshman back though, and Clancy Brown's always a treat to hear.

6.5/10

Charles Chimag

I also find this amusing!
I don't see what was wrong with it, though. I just have one question: Does anyone have that last bounty in Longo Two-Guns? It's the only one I'm missing.

Cade Skywalker

which is more than I can say about some other full fledged "action" games in the series (see: "Obi-Wan", "Jedi Outcast", "Revenge of the Sith").

Jedi Outcast was good.

And no, i cant say i found that.

Im just thankful none of the Bando Gora had bounties. Hated those little demons.

I have to say, the only thing that made no sense to me, was how easy Vosa was to beat. She was easier then the last battle with Montross.

Charles Chimag

Have you tried using flamethrower? Works excellently for Bando Gora. Vosa is indeed quite easy to beat, provided you have a continue or two. Just tie 'er up, punch 'er a little, then do it all over again.

Cade Skywalker

Have you tried using flamethrower? Works excellently for Bando Gora. Vosa is indeed quite easy to beat, provided you have a continue or two. Just tie 'er up, punch 'er a little, then do it all over again.

I did use the flame thrower. But i couldn't use it well when i was being attacked. So, i used it when i was on top of something, and just burned them up when they were in a group.

And, i was VERY disappointed (Granted, after such a hard chaptor, it was nice to have an easy fight) about how easy Vosa was.

Though i didn't beat her that way. I just shot her when she was running (Not when she started deflecting)

Robin2099

While not nearly of a high enough caliber of quality to be considered a classic (at least on my part), "Bounty Hunter" was a fun action game and a pretty decent "Star Wars" game, which is more than I can say about some other full fledged "action" games in the series (see: "Obi-Wan", "Jedi Outcast", "Revenge of the Sith").

Ok, I'll give you Obi Wan, also Revenge of the Sith. But Jedi Outcast was awesome, and probably my pick for second best SW game after KOTOR. Why didn't you like it? Anyway back to Bounty Hunter. The game was ok. It took what was an incredibly cool concept and didn't really do much of anything with it. It's fun for a rental, but it's not something that will ever be put in the upper tier of SW games.

sdp

miscrave
Bought it when it came out, I even have the "limited edition" cover the PS2 version had for a bit.

This game had a lot of potential, and it wasn't bad. Though it had a lot of flaws that could have been easily fixed with more development time. It could have easily become a classic.

Greatly enjoy it over most SW games as I love controling a non-jedi character, a bounty hunter is specially cool. Cooler than Mercenary Dash Rendar from Shadows of the Empire (though that game was indeed better).

I also never finished it, I got stuck in one level, got tired of no knowing where to go.

Charles Chimag

Hopefully not the Entertainment District. That one's one of my favorites. It's so fun to slaughter countless innocents without regret.

Cade Skywalker

I love that mission, because it makes you feel more like a bounty hunter. Where anyone could be your next target.

What do you guys think is the hardest mission?

Shawn Hopkins

TZ Member of the Year 2013

I can't believe you didn't like Jedi Outcast! I consider that to be far and away the best Star Wars action game ever, and I don't think I'm alone in thinking that. Jedi Academy wasn't as good, though.

Edit: I hadn't read the whole thread before I posted, but between this and the Bioshock threads Robin2099 and I have such similar tastes in games we might well be the same person.

Charles Chimag

So maybe you are... :shiftyeyes: NEway, I think the hardest mission is probably the Deathstick Factory, or else one of the first two Bando Gora-only levels.

Cade Skywalker

I'd say:

The first level of the last chaptor (The one where in the end, you beat Montross for the last time. THAT was the hardest boss fight in the game). The level was hell. No, i mean it. It was hell. Complete with demons, water of death, and bodies all over the place. .All it was missing, was fire (No, im wrong: Whenever someone died, red or blue fire came from their bodies)

And the Death Stick factory was fun, but that ended when i had to go through a cave, and everywhere i was being sniped by Bando Gora. Then, i got my taste of the Bando Gora demons.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

How about Mike Pollock as the ideal voice of Bruce Wayne/Batman?
Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day

Featured Posts