American Dragon Jake Long: "Siren Says" Talkback (SPOILERS).

How would you rate "Siren Says"

• 10/10- This one is easy listening for the ears.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 9/10

• 8/10

• 7/10

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • 6/10

• 5/10 - It's no #1 hit, but it's no One hit wonder either.

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • 4/10

• 3/10

• 2/10

• 1/10 - This episode should be like rock and Roll music.. banned from society.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tucsoncoyote

Time to get my "Game face" on
Time to
logo.jpg

Dragon Up once again!

If you're in your car and you hear a siren, the best thing to do is pull over to the side of the road so you can let the emergency vehicle pass.

But if you are an American Dragon and you hear a siren.. The best thing to do is plug your ears...and hope it stops singing.

Sirens.
(The Mythical Creature variety)

A lot of Mythology that is dealt with in the Mythical World deals with Creatures and Monsters that you might understand if you ever played say Dungeons and Dragons. But perhaps One of the most dangerous kinds of Magical beings is perhaps the siren.​

What are sirens you ask? Well according to Greek Mythology, sirens are the daughters of at least two of the Muses (Terpsichore, the muse of dance, or Sterope, the muse of song.) But Sirens are sort of 'the fallen angels' of the mythical world. They are the stuff that you hear in stories like "The Odyssey' by Homer (where Odysseus and his men, luckily were not able to hear 'the siren's song'. (in the end, the sirens supposedly committed suicide after this one failure).

So in a way, sirens are supposed to be.. non-existent.

But tell that to the magical world. Especially one Jake Long.

It seems that after Jake helped Rose free herself of the Huntsclan in Homecoming, Jake told Trixie and Spud he was feeling better in the heart..​

One problem... he lied...​

Jake indeed is still heartbroken.. after all He liked Rose a lot more then he led us on to believe..​

So what happens when a new girl by the name of Damsell, comes into his life? Will he forget about Rose?​

Or maybe Trixie, Spud, and his Grandfather, Lao Shi, might need to snap Jake out of this Siren's song. (After all who knows what Damsell holds for Jake. After all Gramps thinks she's a siren.. (but then this contradicts what I said earlier..​

So can Jake keep his focus? or is he going to fall for the first Pretty face he's going to see after his break up..​

Oh what a tangled web this story weaves..
and Jake's in the middle of it.

After all Damsell will play a game.. She talks, Jake Listens.. you could say this is a rather childish game.. a game we like to call​

Siren Says...

Synopsis:

Here's the 411 on this episode:​

Siren Says -- (222)
Jake's totally bummed about what happened, and now that Rose is out of his life, Jake is looking for a new girlfriend for him to pick up and carry on with. But when Jake Meets a new girl by the name of Damsell, Trixie, Spud, Grandpa, and Fu Dog, thinks there's more to the new girl then meets the eye.. and all of them think Damsell's a Siren. Can Trixie, Spud, Grandpa, and Fu Dog, snap Jake Back to his senses? or is he going to be forced to Dance to a different tune?

Notes:

After Homecoming: This episode takes place just days after the events of Homecoming, where Jake helped Rose escape the Huntsclan's hold on her. And Jake's majorly bummed. (After all when you lose a potential date like that, you really wonder what is going on in Jake's mind..)​

The New Girl, who is she?: Whoever she is, she's got a spell on Jake.. or so it would seem..(Sorry don't have any pictures of her but you'll know her when you see her..​

What are friends (and Family) for?: When you got Spud, Trixie, Fu Dog, and Gramps telling Jake about the dangers of sirens, you know that something is up...way up....​

Repeats:

Well if you miss today's episode at 5PM Eastern/Pacific, 4PM Central, (6PM Mountain**) then don't worry, cause there will be repeats... and believe me, this is one episode where the episode lures you in.. and doesn't let you go. (all Dates and Times shown are Eastern/Pacific time, Adjust One hour earlier for Central (One hour later (Except in Arizona) for Mountain Time, but be sure to check local listings and times for correctness.*​

** Starting today, and for the entire month of April only , Jake Long and Kim Possible Come on at the new times shown.

Saturday, April 14th, 2007: 3:05PM*
Tuesday, April 23rd, 2007: 3:00PM*​

Okay I'm done talking.. I'm going to go plug my ears with beeswax....

:coyote:

Last edited by a moderator:

zoombie

Actully this episode is episode number 222, it does not take place directly after Homecoming . I saw this episode on Disney On Demand, they list as episode 222. The creator Jeff Goode and the Executive producers Matt Negrete and Eddie Guzelian say it episode 222 on vavious websites.

Also in this episode Spud and Trixie and co presidents, and Nigel appears, so this does takes place after Supernatural Tuesday .

The production order and chronlogical order following Homecoming leading up to Siren Says are

219 - A Ghost Story (still unaired in the U.S. no airdate announced)
220 - Young At Heart
221- Supernatural Tuesday
222- Siren Says

tucsoncoyote

Actully this episode is episode number 222, it does not take place directly after Homecoming . I saw this episode on Disney On Demand, they list as episode 222. The creator Jeff Goode and the Executive producers Matt Negrete and Eddie Guzelian say it episode 222 on vavious websites.

Also in this episode Spud and Trixie and co presidents, and Nigel appears, so this does takes place after Supernatural Tuesday .

The production order and chronlogical order following Homecoming leading up to Siren Says are

219 - A Ghost Story (still unaired in the U.S. no airdate announced)
220 - Young At Heart
221- Supernatural Tuesday
222- Siren Says

Okay Noted and I will change that.. thank you for the information

Just so you know, you forgot to put a poll in.

Well if you want me to put a poll in I will.. But usually someone comes along and usually 'Skews' the actual ratings for the show. Go Figure.. but alright.. just to make folks happy.

zoombie

Here is my review, a mixed review. They are a lot of funny lines and funny things happen. But of course Jake and another girl, didn't care for that.

This episode kind of felt like Ski Trip Jake being all in denial about the girl, even though all of the evidence pointed at her. As I like to say act like an O.J. jury. Only this time, Jake being all in denial paid off. He was right.

I didn't care for the closing tag, Jake begging this girl to take him back. You don't need her Jake. The difference between Rose and this girl. Rose always forgave Jake immedately for not trusing her on the love cruise, using cupid's arrow on her, being very cold to Rose at the end of the ski trip, and just being the American Dragon her mortal enemy. Jake never had to ask for her forgiveness, she gave it to him without question.

Yet as far as these Danica girl knows, all Jake did was call her a theif, that is nothing compaired to what Rose has forgiven Jake for. She doesn't deserve Jake.

This episode had a lot of funny lines, Fu Dog saying "Gee good call picking the other one.", and what happened with that Fredrick kid. As well as gramps saying "I heard that."

The ending of the prologue just before the opening theme, when lighting destroyed those ballons, I loved that. Faith was Jake, Rose is the girl for him.
Did anyone else think

Trixie looked beautiful in the Cleopadra dream sequence. Speaking of Trixie, she was at her worst and best at the same time. She was so mean to Spud, though she was prevoked, but she took to far, while at the same time, she was nice to that Vicky girl. Even though she turned out to be the Siren, her heart was in the right place.

zoombie

Um...the Siren's name is Vicky and the pretty girl Jake liked is Danica.;)

Yup Vicky, Icky Vicky. A know that is another show, speaking of that Vicky. They should have gotten Grey DeLesile to play this Vicky, not only is she a good if not great voice over actress, but to see a girl that is hot for Jake played by the person that plays Dante Basco's other tv sis, that would be so cool and so wrong at the same time.

Last edited by a moderator:

tucsoncoyote

Trixie can hold her own in a fight.

Yup Vicky, Icky Vicky. A know that is another show, speaking of that Vicky. They should have gotten Grey DeLesile to play this Vicky, not only is she a good if not great voice over actresses, but to see a girl that is hot for Jake played by the person that plays Dante Basco's other tv sis, that would be so cool and so wrong at the same time.

I tend to agree here Zoombie, I think Grey would have been an excellent choice..(Why they put her in Big Bother as a nerdy freshman girl, is beyond me.. But yeah I think having her go from Sweet and cute to Totally Vicky (FOP style) would have maybe boosted this ep up a bit..

Though I will say this, Trixie is definitely a tough girl, and believe me, I think in a real fight Trixie could hold her own..But I have a feeling we'll see more of this once we get near the end of the series.. but until then.. we'll just have to keep watching.

I give this ep a solid 7 for it's good points but there were still a few things that didn't quite feel right.. but then that's just me..

zoombie

I tend to agree here Zoombie, I think Grey would have been an excellent choice..(Why they put her in Big Bother as a nerdy freshman girl, is beyond me.. But yeah I think having her go from Sweet and cute to Totally Vicky (FOP style) would have maybe boosted this ep up a bit..

I don't really have a problem with that. Besides it is good for her not to be type cast as dark evil characters. But I am a little beffudled, why they got her for such a small role, they could have gotten one of the regular KP castmembers to play that character. Why go to the outside for someone to play such a small role. But that is another show, but since you brought it up, just wanted to bring that up.

We got to see Trixie meddling side.

Like I said before, you see the best and worst in Trixie at one time. She was really nice to Vicky, even though she turned out to be the villain, Trixie heart was still in the right place, but she was so mean to Spud. Not saying that she was not privoked by what Spud said about her (I thought he really didn't mean it, Trixie over reacted), but Trixie took it to far getting her revenge.

But as a fighter Trixie was awsome.

Though Trixie as Cleopadra, looked good. Is it just me, or does Trixie and Spud, remind you a little bit of Sean and Libby from Jimmy Newtron .

One small note, Nigel got dumped. After the audtion Nigel is backstage talking to a blonde girl. Later in the episode, when they are the Midevil Museum, that same girl with a african ameircan kid. The girl I am talking about said "Look a fire breathing dragon".

creativerealms

It was ok. Really the twist did not work for me. I mean if she was the Siren and wanted to go out with Jake why didn't she just use her song to win the auction? Or steal Japke from the other girl at any time over the corse of the episode. Why the deception?

Darking

Packing Heat
Most likely not to draw undue attention to herself. Any magical creature that threatens humans or might blow the cover of the magical underworld will get a dragon smackdown fairly quickly.

I did like the upturning of the whole "don't judge a book by it's cover" idea since usually it goes the other way around, but the twist was too far telegraphed. It was fairly obvious that Danica didn't understand Jake's sudden mood swings, so if she was the siren, she didn't know what she was doing.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts