When’s the Final Fantasy XV DLC coming out? What’s it about again?
The epic saga of FINAL FANTASY XV reaches its conclusion as the final chapter of downloadable content (DLC), “Episode Ardyn,” was released today. Set 35 years before the events of FINAL FANTASY XV, players will uncover a brand new storyline from the perspective of the villainous Ardyn Lucis Caelum, and learn what drove the scorned savior to seek revenge against the line of Lucis.
FINAL FANTASY XV EPISODE ARDYN features:
- Several new options and gameplay mechanics to explore, including the ability to control Ardyn himself
- Exhilarating, action-packed battles where players can utilize powerful new attack moves and skills unique to Ardyn, including the “Rising Phantom” and “Dark Tornado”
- The ability to warp to high platforms or across nearby buildings by way of “Phantasmal Leap”
- Though a foe of Noctis, the summonable Ifrit is now an ally of Ardyn and may dispatch enemies with powerful fire magic
- A photography mode allowing players to capture the captivating city of Insomnia
- A “Hat Shop” offering a plethora of hats for players to purchase, which also appear in cutscenes
- Rewards upon completion of the episode, including the new “Ardyn’s Ensemble” outfit and “Mutant Rakshasa Blade” for Noctis