Disney has announced details of it’s new streaming service, Disney+, at the Walt Disney Company’s 2019 Investor’s Day. It will be set to launch in the U.S. on November 12, 2019, for $6.99/month and will include content spanning from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic, and Fox. Besides material from various libraries, there will be 25 original series and 10 original movies, documentaries, and specials. Highlights of what’s to come on Disney+ include the following.
- The Falcon and The Winter Soldier: Anthony Mackie and Sebastian Stan reprise their roles in a new live-action series.
- WandaVision: Elizabeth Olsen and Paul Bettany reprise their roles as Wanda Maximoff and The Vision in another live-action series.
- Marvel’s What If…?: An animated series based on the comic books of the same name which will explore possible outcomes if pivotal moments in the Marvel Cinematic Universe were changed.The Mandalorian
- Loki: A live-action series starring Tom Hiddleston as the mischievous brother of Thor.
Walt Disney Animation Studios:
- Into the Unknown: Making Frozen 2: A documentary on the work behind-the-scenes for Frozen 2.
Pixar Animation Studios:
- Monsters at Work: An animated series featuring Mike and Sulley voiced by Billy Crystal and John Goodman.
- The World According to Jeff Goldblum: Jeff Goldblum is host to this documentary series that connects ordinary objects and its connections with the rest of the world.
- Magic of the Animal Kingdom: A Walt Disney World Resort documentary series, which takes looks behind the scenes at Disney’s Animal Kingdom and Epcot’s SeaBase aquarium.
Disney Television Animation:
- The Phineas and Ferb Movie (working title): A new movie featuring our favorite pair of summer loving brothers starring most of the original cast.
- High School Musical: The Musical: The Series: The iconic series of movies from the early 2000s returns as a series!
- The Mandalorian The first live-action Star Wars series
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars The series will have an exclusive new season only on Disney+
- An untitled series about Cassian Andor starring Diego Luna and Alan Tudyk
Also included will be several non-fiction series and documentaries about the workings behind Disney. Of course, now, Disney+ will feature Fox’s entire library of TV shows, including 30 years of The Simpsons, and movies such as The Princess Bride and The Sound of Music. Of course, supposedly all of Disney’s library of TV shows and movies will be included as well from Snow White to Moana. I guess we shall see what else is in store on November 12