Will Call of Duty Modern Warfare have any new modes? What will they be like?
Activision is taking a bold step by rebooting the Call of Duty Modern Warfare line. However to their credit, they’re adding new elements to the game to keep it fresh. And today, they revealed a new mode called Gunfight. Here’s a breakdown from the blog:
· This is a four-player, two-versus-two game mode.
· It features a series of custom-made, confined maps; the smallest of those present in Multiplayer.
· Everybody gets the same loadout: Prove your adeptness with a wide variety of armaments!
· The loadouts switch every two rounds.
· The first duo to win six rounds wins.
· Each round lasts 40 seconds. After this, “Overtime” begins, and a flag spawns.
· The flag spawns if one or both players of each duo are still alive at the start of Overtime.
· Either team has 10 seconds to capture this flag. There is a three second capture time.
· During Overtime, you achieve victory by capturing this flag, or by defeating the other team.
· If no one defeats the other team or captures the flag, the duo with the higher health wins. If both sides have the same amount of health, the round is a draw.
· Each team switches to the opposite side of the map every two rounds.
· The first three maps shown today are:
King: The interior of a warehouse.
Pine: The exterior of a dense forest.
Stack: A desert container yard.